Save Case Closed

One Truth Prevails

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the new forums we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't forget to register!
Want to know the cheapest price for CC DVDs? Well head over to http://www.savecaseclosedpodcast.wordpress.com/ for info on CC DVDs
Streaming Now! Case Closed on their website, all you have to do is sign up and pay the monthly fee http://www.funimation.com/
Want info on the CC fanDUB? Head over to the SCC Podcast Website or the SCC FB page!
Case Closed S.A.V.E. Editions now available
Case Closed is now digital!!! Buy single episodes or entire seasons on iTunes!
Remember to catch Case Closed every Friday @ http://allkidsoutofthepool.com/ Check their schedule page for time listings
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Which Case Closed Movie between 7-10 Would you like to see dubbed
Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:45 am by SaveCaseClosed

» List of Manga-based episodes (Color coded)
Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 5:23 pm by snipe1986

» NEW SCC Podcast Website
Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 6:37 pm by renzo210

» Case Closed High Quality Raw Episodes (1-635)
Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:52 am by SaveCaseClosed

» Detective Conan - 20th Anniversary (Anime/Movie)
Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 12:46 pm by Heliotropic

» Detective Conan Raw Episodes
Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 1:06 am by SaveCaseClosed

» Spoiler Discussion
Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:03 pm by Heliotropic

» I Found a way to get it back case closed for more dub ep
Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 12:16 pm by GAMERZEROZ1

» Case Closed Episode 133-134(126-127 Japanese Count) Casting
Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 11:05 pm by SaveCaseClosed

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 88 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:02 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Heliotropic
Heliotropic

Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Empty
PostSubject: Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom!   Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 8:34 pm

Detective Conan has been added to Netflix in the United States and the United Kingdom

To recap, episodes 748-799 are now streaming on Netflix with English subtitles. The series is listed as Detective Conan, and not Case Closed.
It seems like Episodes 754+ are sourced from Crunchyroll, however, there are 6 episodes that were never simulcasted on Crunchyroll (748, 749, 750, 751, 752, and 753). Crunchyroll currently has Episodes 754-803.

At the end of each episode, they briefly show the "Case Closed" logo that was used for the English DUB.

The episodes are not listed by Japanese episode count, instead as Episode 1, Season 1, which is incorrect, and may be an error, or just Netflix's way of listing things.

The cast info contains Japanese and English voice actors, despite this being a sub only.

My thoughts on Detective Conan being added to Netflix

This to me, is potentially a very big deal for the series in the west. Note that I said "potentially". I think it's great news in of itself that it was added to the most accessible site for streaming, albeit it's not a popular outlet for anime...

I think there are several interesting bits about the current listing, but I won't be getting hopelessly optimistic. These are merely just possibilities, and should be left at speculation.

The most interesting bit is that they have 6 episodes that were not released by Crunchyroll. This could be a foreshadowing of more of the backlog to come. However, it could just be what Netflix was able to license, or that Crunchy had some involvement with these episodes and they were never simulcasted... It's all rather ambiguous.

Next we have the English voice actors in the cast info. This could easily be a mistake, or maybe it means that Netflix has plans to upload some of FUNimation's dubbed/subbed content? I wouldn't hold your breath on this, but I see it as a possibility.

The series is called Detective Conan, but they still flash the "Case Closed" logo as well as have a "Case Closed" photo cover. This could further facilitate what I just mentioned, or the more likely scenario, in my eyes, is that they have to show it due to certain legalities. They didn't change the name because they wanted to, there were legal issues involved, and I doubt that's changed...

I think very likely we'll see Netflix add more for the show, but I think this will probably be limited to what Crunchyroll subs. They seem to add in bulk, so we probably won't see more for months, if not another year. I view movies as a possibility as well.
Crunchyroll will still be the first place you can watch the newest episodes, that won't change.

Right now, the situation isn't that much different, and I'm not certain it will really help popularize the series like it should. While this is a great announcement, as was the same with Crunchyroll (Crunchyroll more so in that it simulcasts and actually subs the episodes), nobody wants to start the series 24 seasons in.

FUNimation's website does offer the first 123 episodes dubbed/subbed, however, the site is a huge inconvenience to use, so there's never really been a great official outlet to get started with the series. I think if Netflix were to add these episodes (or Crunchyroll) that it would be a great way to help popularize the series. I think if they just steadily keep up with the backlog, that's good too, but I don't think it'll have much of an impact for the series, especially if they go backwards with 748.

To be blunt, I think the possibility of a dub returning is extremely unlikely, in fact I would say that there is a next to no chance of this happening in this day and age, but that is a topic for another day... I'm not going to shut down people's hopes and dreams, as it "could" happen, I just think it's highly unrealistic.

I think even as far as official subbed content, this is always more likely, and is a much cheaper alternative (in both time and money).
However, this being said, there still isn't much of an incentive for Netflix or Crunchyroll to sub such an extraordinary backlog. Fans are essentially asking and expecting that they release episodes 124-747.

So will Netflix do this? Well what incentive is there really to cover the backlog? It's been almost 20 years (by Jan 8th) that the anime has started, and most people that are heavily interested in the series have already accessed it via fan-subs. They aren't holding out for official content to catch up with the series, minus a select minority of fans. The series was a failure in the States, and while that may be different now, there's really no good way to handle the "issue" at large. It's just too late.

Even just a Season 6 returning in the form of a sub/dub from FUNi or another company is a lot to ask for. There's no guarantee that it would be popular, and could easily tank. I think aside from what Crunchyroll has, and what FUNimation has, we won't see much more on Netflix, but it's always a possibility... Like I mentioned, the fact that they have 6 episodes Crunchy does not is certainly "intriguing".

For now it's worth keeping an eye on, and if you are a Netflix user, you have a source to watch Detective Conan aside from using Crunchyroll. Though in the end you'll still have to use Crunchyroll to watch the latest episodes...

Don't forget that 3 movies are also available on Hulu. You can watch The Time-Bombed Skyscraper, The Fourteenth Target, and Lupin the 3rd vs Detective Conan: The Movie.

What are your thoughts on Detective Conan being added to Netflix?
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ShuichiAkai84/posts
SaveCaseClosed
SaveCaseClosed

PostSubject: Re: Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom!   Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 12:29 am

This is really developing. They have also started calling it Case Closed now instead of Detective Conan. It's now listed as a popular series.
Back to top Go down
Heliotropic
Heliotropic

PostSubject: Re: Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom!   Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 9:33 am

I wonder why they changed it to Case Closed. Maybe to avoid legal trouble? I guess it was "incorrectly" listed before.
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ShuichiAkai84/posts
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom!   Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Netflix acquires Detective Conan in the United States / United Kingdom!
Page 1 of 1