Save Case Closed

One Truth Prevails

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the new forums we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't forget to register!
Want to know the cheapest price for CC DVDs? Well head over to http://www.savecaseclosedpodcast.wordpress.com/ for info on CC DVDs
Streaming Now! Case Closed on their website, all you have to do is sign up and pay the monthly fee http://www.funimation.com/
Want info on the CC fanDUB? Head over to the SCC Podcast Website or the SCC FB page!
Case Closed S.A.V.E. Editions now available
Case Closed is now digital!!! Buy single episodes or entire seasons on iTunes!
Remember to catch Case Closed every Friday @ http://allkidsoutofthepool.com/ Check their schedule page for time listings
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Which Case Closed Movie between 7-10 Would you like to see dubbed
SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:45 am by SaveCaseClosed

» List of Manga-based episodes (Color coded)
SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 5:23 pm by snipe1986

» NEW SCC Podcast Website
SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 6:37 pm by renzo210

» Case Closed High Quality Raw Episodes (1-635)
SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:52 am by SaveCaseClosed

» Detective Conan - 20th Anniversary (Anime/Movie)
SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 12:46 pm by Heliotropic

» Detective Conan Raw Episodes
SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 1:06 am by SaveCaseClosed

» Spoiler Discussion
SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:03 pm by Heliotropic

» I Found a way to get it back case closed for more dub ep
SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 12:16 pm by GAMERZEROZ1

» Case Closed Episode 133-134(126-127 Japanese Count) Casting
SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 11:05 pm by SaveCaseClosed

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 88 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:02 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

SCC Panel content

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 11:33 am

This topic is meant to show what the SCC Panel content looks like, please look it over and let me know what you think.  Also, I haven't had time to really proof read it, so I'm sure it has some mistakes here and there, just let me know and I'll fix it.  If anyone wants to use this draft, just send me a PM an I will send you the power point.  I'll post the "script" first and then the slides.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 11:35 am

[panel script] I would like to start things of by saying welcome the the Save Case Closed Panel. We are going to go over what Case Closed is and why it needs saving. If anyone had any questions or comments, please wait until the end of the presentation, thank you.

Now, I'm sure most of use know what Case Closed is, but if you don't, don't worry. We have have a little summary here. Case Closed is the English dub of a Japanese detective manga series called Detective Conan. The series is written and illustrated by Gosho Aoyama. The English release was renamed Case Closed due to legal considerations with the name Detective Conan. Case Closed premiered on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim after it was licensed by Funimation Entertainment in 2003. Along with the name of the show being changed, the characters were given Americanized names, for example, Shinichi Kudo became Jimmy Kudo, Ran Mori became Rachel Moore, etc. As for the plot (spoiler free, of course), Case Closed is the story of Jimmy Kudo, a high school detective who helps the police solve cases. During an investigation, he is attacked by two men in black who belong to a syndicate known as the Black Organization. They force him to take an experimental poison. But instead of killing him, it transforms him into a child. Coming up with the name Conan Edogawa, Kudo hides his identity to protect his loved ones and investigate the Black Organization. Now that we all are on the same page, we can move on.

So what is SCC anyways? SCC stands for Save Case Closed. This is a movement founded by Professor C, in order to rally fans of the show together to help drive sales, get illegal streams of the show removed, and embrace the work done on the show in the hopes of convincing Funimation to create a season six and beyond. With all that said, why is this even a thing?

What happened to Case Closed, why was it canceled? The short answer, as sad as it is, is that Funimation was loosing money. This was mostly a result of poor ratings and sales due to mismanaging the brand. For example, Funimation was very inconsistent with the dvd releases and they did a poor job in promoting the series. I, for one, can't recall a time during it's original run that I saw a single ad for the show, I only found out about it by accident. But we can't put all the blame on Funimation, some Youtubers are at fault too. Even to this day, most of the episodes are up for free. So, if Funimation can't make money off the show, it only makes sense that they would stop making it. This is where SCC comes into play.

What has SCC done so far? Professor C started the movement by posting podcasts onto Youtube. The podcasts were meant to inform fans and inspire them to buy dvds. After the movement started to gain some momentum, he had an online ad to direct attention to the movement and inspire more dvd sales. This promo was played on the streaming site Allkidsoutofthepool, during a stream of Case Closed. In my opinion, the best thing to come out of the movement so far is the SCC Forum. It gives fans a place where they can talk to each other and where members of the movement can work together. This is where the idea for this panel came from. But the most resent thing SCC has done is the Case Closed FanDub. The FanDub is a project that Professor C started to get old and new fans excited about the series while encouraging support of the official release. After seeing all the work put into this movement, some have asked what can I do, or why should I care?

First off why should we care so much? This is a fair question. We all have our own reasons for wanting the dub to come back. Here are a few quotes from members of the movement. “I want Case closed back so that more people will enjoy this show like I did when I was little. There are some people who don't watch subs or has access to the internet. To have it back, it would allow many more people to watch and enjoy this series that I love.”, “I would want the series back because many of the cases are far better than those featured in other shows or manga like it...”, and “I love the show and would love to follow it past the fifth season, but I personally don't like subbed anime.” Whatever the reason, it all comes back to the same few things; there is a strong fan base, not everyone can and/or likes to watch subbed, and the community just wants to share with more people. To a lot of us, this show inspires and entertains us, why wouldn't we want to share that. Just look at these fan art, these people seem inspired to me.

So, with that, what can we do? Simply, all we have to do is support the official release. Buy official dvds and/or merchandise. If you can't afford to buy anything, you can spread the word of the movement or Case Closed itself. Whatever you can do to let Funimation know we want more.

In conclusion, we can't deny that Case Closed has a strong and passionate fan base that is willing to support the movement. With that said, we need more help, so please do whatever it is you can to support Case Closed. Does anyone have any questions, suggestions, or comments at this time?

(answer questions etc. until ten minuets to go) Now before we leave we will have a drawing for some prizes, please take out the ticket you received when you came in. (do the drawing) Thank you all for coming and have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 11:49 am

SCC Panel content 116

SCC Panel content 211

SCC Panel content 310

SCC Panel content 410

SCC Panel content 510

SCC Panel content 610

SCC Panel content 711

SCC Panel content 810

SCC Panel content 910

SCC Panel content 1011

SCC Panel content 1110

SCC Panel content 1210

SCC Panel content 1310

SCC Panel content 1410

SCC Panel content 1510

SCC Panel content 1610

SCC Panel content 1710

SCC Panel content 1810

SCC Panel content 1910

SCC Panel content 2010

SCC Panel content 2110

Last edited by TRAVISAKATJ on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
brycec
brycec

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 3:31 pm

Script seems okay, but slides are terrible. You really need to keep in mind that you need to make text and background contrast well enough for most people to see it and some people are going to have problems with what is currently there in a few slides.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP
Iam1412Te

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Prof. C should take a look at this
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/xxWhitephantom1412
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Iam1412Te wrote:
Prof. C should take a look at this

I sent him a pm on Facebook, so now we just have to wait.

brycec wrote:
Script seems okay, but slides are terrible. You really need to keep in mind that you need to make text and background contrast well enough for most people to see it and some people are going to have problems with what is currently there in a few slides.

Which slides do you mean. top to bottom=1 to 21.
Back to top Go down
gid4051
gid4051

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 1:21 am

I agree that the slides are a bit hard to read. The script is okay but there is a lot that can be improved on it. My biggest gripe is that this whole thing is to be said from one person. However I'm sure that we can quickly rework that. I'm sure that whoever will do this panel would not do this by themselves.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 9:07 am

gid4051 wrote:
I agree that the slides are a bit hard to read. The script is okay but there is a lot that can be improved on it. My biggest gripe is that this whole thing is to be said from one person. However I'm sure that we can quickly rework that. I'm sure that whoever will do this panel would not do this by themselves.

let me know which slides and I'll work on them.  As for the script, I tried to make it so that it could be used by one person or a team, for the most part, all you have to do is change some I's into we's.  Also, if anyone does end up using this content, feel free to change it up however you see fit.
Back to top Go down
brycec
brycec

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 1:45 am

Slide 7, I think, with the Save Case Closed background is a good example of the terrible contrast. Also, the one with the Adult Swim bumper, from when the show was first aired, has problems with color contrast.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 3:00 pm

I think I got the problem with the slides fixed now. I'll edit them on here in the next day or two.  I'm not going to mess with the script because it can be easily reworked by whoever ends up doing the panel.  I hope the edits will make you all happy, but if not, I'll just keep on trying.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 2:10 pm

ok, I got the new slides up, I hope they are better.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 11:02 am

So, what do you guys think about the edits?
Back to top Go down
brycec
brycec

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:28 am

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:

Not seeing much of a change. The same two slides have a bit of problem.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 5:23 pm

brycec wrote:
TRAVISAKATJ wrote:

So, you're saying that the "save case closed" and the "what has scc done so far" slides are hard to read?
Back to top Go down
brycec
brycec

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 5:56 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
brycec wrote:
TRAVISAKATJ wrote:

So, you're saying that the "save case closed" and the "what has scc done so far" slides are hard to read?

Pretty much, but for different reasons.

The Save Case Closed image itself in the first of the two slides just grabs my attention more than the text does, even though the color contrast with the background does not seem to be much of a problem.

The "what SCC has done so far" slide has a bit of a different. The background is dark and the text color is dark red, which is not a good combination, because there might be some people there that have issues seeing colors, and in some cases people will be seeing that text as black, which would make it even harder read than it is for you and I.

The best and easiest way that I know of to fix the problems in the slides is to make the text black and put it on a white background. You can keep the images, but they should probably be moved over to the upper left or upper right, depending on how quickly you want people to notice them, since books in the US flow left to right, and you will not see many foreigners in a convention, except for those with visas to allow them to visit the US or if they immigrated here, legally or illegally.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 7:03 am

brycec wrote:

The Save Case Closed image itself in the first of the two slides just grabs my attention more than the text does, even though the color contrast with the background does not seem to be much of a problem.

The "what SCC has done so far" slide has a bit of a different. The background is dark and the text color is dark red, which is not a good combination, because there might be some people there that have issues seeing colors, and in some cases people will be seeing that text as black, which would make it even harder read than it is for you and I.

The best and easiest way that I know of to fix the problems in the slides is to make the text black and put it on a white background. You can keep the images, but they should probably be moved over to the upper left or upper right, depending on how quickly you want people to notice them, since books in the US flow left to right, and you will not see many foreigners in a convention, except for those with visas to allow them to visit the US or if they immigrated here, legally or illegally.

Thanks for the input, but I want to try something else first.  I'm going to play with the color a little bit.  The new edit is up now.  I would like to know what everyone else thinks as well.
Back to top Go down
brycec
brycec

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 12:00 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
brycec wrote:

Thanks for the input, but I want to try something else first.  I'm going to play with the color a little bit.  The new edit is up now.  I would like to know what everyone else thinks as well.

Sometimes, I wish platforms the run forums like these had the same features features as wikis, because I need some way of seeing changes.

However, things do seem to be better right now. The "what SCC has done so far" is definitely easier to read now, since you changed to use white text.

Also the image in the first of the slides I mentioned does not seem to take as much as my attention as it did before, though this is where seeing the revision history of posts could really help to distinguish that, which is something not in our powers as regular members.

Nothing can ever be perfect, but this does look better than before.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 8:24 pm

Thanks again for the input.  I think I'll leave it as it is for now, at least until others have a chance to add their input as well.  While I wait, I think that I will start on the next panel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SCC Panel content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCC Panel content   SCC Panel content Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCC Panel content
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Save Case Closed :: Case Closed Podcast :: Case Closed Podcast-
Jump to: