Save Case Closed

One Truth Prevails

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the new forums we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't forget to register!
Want to know the cheapest price for CC DVDs? Well head over to http://www.savecaseclosedpodcast.wordpress.com/ for info on CC DVDs
Streaming Now! Case Closed on their website, all you have to do is sign up and pay the monthly fee http://www.funimation.com/
Want info on the CC fanDUB? Head over to the SCC Podcast Website or the SCC FB page!
Case Closed S.A.V.E. Editions now available
Case Closed is now digital!!! Buy single episodes or entire seasons on iTunes!
Remember to catch Case Closed every Friday @ http://allkidsoutofthepool.com/ Check their schedule page for time listings
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Which Case Closed Movie between 7-10 Would you like to see dubbed
setting up panels  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:45 am by SaveCaseClosed

» List of Manga-based episodes (Color coded)
setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 5:23 pm by snipe1986

» NEW SCC Podcast Website
setting up panels  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 6:37 pm by renzo210

» Case Closed High Quality Raw Episodes (1-635)
setting up panels  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:52 am by SaveCaseClosed

» Detective Conan - 20th Anniversary (Anime/Movie)
setting up panels  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 12:46 pm by Heliotropic

» Detective Conan Raw Episodes
setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 1:06 am by SaveCaseClosed

» Spoiler Discussion
setting up panels  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:03 pm by Heliotropic

» I Found a way to get it back case closed for more dub ep
setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 12:16 pm by GAMERZEROZ1

» Case Closed Episode 133-134(126-127 Japanese Count) Casting
setting up panels  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 11:05 pm by SaveCaseClosed

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 88 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:02 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

setting up panels

Go down 
+2
gid4051
TRAVISAKATJ
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 am

First off, I'm new here, so hello everyone. The idea behind this topic page is to come up with content for panels and working with the people who can do them, so that we can get some set up and hopefully spread the word about SCC.

I would love to do it myself but the con life is still new to me (I've only been to two cons so far). with that said, I would still like to help out. I know each con has their own rules for panels, but as far as I can tell, the big one is that one must present their panel idea/s for approval. This means that our first step is to make the content. Most likely, the panels should last about an hour each(that was about how long most of the panels I went to lasted). Also, I know some cons will give panelist free admission for about three hours of panel time, if approved.

After we come up with the content, we need to figure out who will be the panelist and which con they will summit the panel/s at. I'm sure you all know that professor c is willing to travel to wherever in the US and be a co-panelist, so it won't be all on who ever we get to do this.

As far as I can tell, the last step is to prepare for the panel. Stuff like practicing the panel/s and getting a hold of professor c to work out the details.

Sorry for all this writing, I just couldn't stop. I just have one more thing to put out there for now. I do have some ideas for content (I feel like that will be the hardest part), but I will save them until we get a conversation going.
Back to top Go down
gid4051
gid4051

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Welcome to the forums Travisakatj! Hope you'll like it here!

Two cons? That twice as many as I have. I don't know much about cons either due to my lack of experience. However I too am willing to help with doing a panel show. I'll be a bit limited on my range but I can at least try to go to any con in the great lakes region. My work schedule can be a bit hectic unless I get well ahead noticed of when it will happen.

An hour long panel does sound like a good start. It's simple and not too long like some that I have been to. (Not that long panels are boring)
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:38 pm

I hope I will like it too, but I do worry that it seems dead here. I do like long panels, but I think that a short one will be best, just to get new people on board. Also, I have a feeling that whoever does this will be new to it. So, I got an idea for three different panels. One is about SCC all itself. the other two is Case Closed 101, and Case Closed 102. 101 will cover everything from season 1-5 and 102 will cover everything from season 6-on.
Back to top Go down
gid4051
gid4051

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:21 pm

Yeah the forums are a bit dead at the moment. However it's more active than what it was several months ago. I can voucher that.

The different panels sound great to me. Be a good idea to introduce the series to new fans and yet also have a panel for the people that have watched after the dub. Although I think there should be a well good put spoiler warning for anybody that wants to go to both panels of course.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 9:52 am

Good idea about the spoiler warning. I was thinking the outline for Case Closed 101 would look something like this:
1. Intro
2. SCC plug
3. Who is who in Case Closed (seasons 1-5)
4. Spoiler warning
5. The story so far (seasons 1-5)
6. (maybe some kind of game for a prize/s)
7. Outro

I think the outline for Case Closed 102 would look the same, but with a few changes, for example:
1. Intro
2. SCC plug
3. Quick recap of who is who in Case Closed (sesons 1-5)
4. Who is who in Case Closed (seasons 6-on)
5. Spoiler warning
6. Quick recap of the story so far (seasons 1-5)
7. The story so far (seasons 6-on)
8. (maybe some kind of game for a prize/s)
9. Outro

Lastly, I think the Save Case Closed panel outline would look like this:
1. Intro
2. What is Case Closed
3. What is SCC
4. What happened to Case Closed
5. What has SCC done so far
6. What can we do/why should we
7. (maybe some kind of game for a prize/s)/outro

That is about all I got. Anyone got any feedback?
Back to top Go down
gid4051
gid4051

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 2:53 am

I was more thinking of a spoiler warning at the beginning of the show (especially 102 panel) or even like a sign or something at the entrance of the room the panel will be hold. But it would be good to say that in the middle of the 101 panel so that people get the main premise of the show first (short series summery like "This series is about a High School Detective that gets shrunk by a drug from a crime organization") and then they can leave in the middle before talking about the plot that happens later on in the seasons. That way those people who are like "Hmm a story about a detective that shrinks, I'll go check it out before I hear most of the later seasons." can leave and not get spoiled.

The prizes sound like a good idea. I would recommend first and second season sets as a good start off. Would we also give out manga volumes?
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 3:41 pm

We could put the spoiler warning in both the intro and right before the story so far. I was thinking to have the who is who as spoiler free as possible. As for the prizes, the first and second season sounds like a good idea, that could be enough to get them hooked. Also, the first few manga volumes could work. I'll have to look into it, but I think shirts with a SCC logo on it would be good too. It could start a few conversations with people who don't know about the cause.

Not that this isn't moving along just great, but is this just going to be the two of us? This is my first forum and I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Other than that, I think we are on a role.

Oh, any thoughts on the game for the prizes?
Back to top Go down
brycec
brycec

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 4:31 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
  We could put the spoiler warning in both the intro and right before the story so far.  I was thinking to have the who is who as spoiler free as possible.  As for the prizes, the first and second season sounds like a good idea, that could be enough to get them hooked.  Also, the first few manga volumes could work.  I'll have to look into it, but I think shirts with a SCC logo on it would be good too.  It could start a few conversations with people who don't know about the cause.

Not that this isn't moving along just great, but is this just going to be the two of us?  This is my first forum and I'm not sure if this is normal or not.  Other than that, I think we are on a role.

Oh, any thoughts on the game for the prizes?

Since our goal is the resurrection of the dub, I doubt handing out the manga would be a good idea. After all, I started to dislike the anime by just reading the first 26 volumes of the manga, though now I dislike it even more now knowing what both FUNimation and Japan has done with the anime.

Then again, there are also those that prefer the anime even after reading the manga, so it might not be a big deal.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:30 pm

brycec wrote:

Since our goal is the resurrection of the dub, I doubt handing out the manga would be a good idea. After all, I started to dislike the anime by just reading the first 26 volumes of the manga, though now I dislike it even more now knowing what both FUNimation and Japan has done with the anime.

Then again, there are also those that prefer the anime even after reading the manga, so it might not be a big deal.

Brycec makes a good point, maybe we should leave manga out of it, or at least only do one or two. Plus, we could do movies as well. To be honest I don't know anything about the manga, or the show past season 5. What all do you mean about what FUNimation and Japan has done with the anime?
Back to top Go down
brycec
brycec

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 6:04 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
brycec wrote:

Brycec makes a good point, maybe we should leave manga out of it, or at least only do one or two.  Plus, we could do movies as well.  To be honest I don't know anything about the manga, or the show past season 5.  What all do you mean about what FUNimation and Japan has done with the anime?

Well, Japan caused a plot hole in the first five episodes, which caused FUNimation to create a later episode, and even created a new plot hole in a later episode. Then, Japan ruined the man hunt case, which causes a delay in the introduction of Haibara in the anime.

After messing with those two episodes, and going into the season that Haibara was introduced in the Japanese version, many episode previews were out of order (e.g. previews were for either cases further down the line or cases that already happened).

As for FUNimation, I already mentioned their dub error that creates a dub exclusive plot hole, so we will go into other annoyances. They broke their long established pattern of showing extended length episodes pretty much unaltered, and even remove content that had been in their releases for quite some time. Then, they do not even bother explaining things that were explained in the Japanese version, as well as the manga, and they even call somebody who is nearsighted farsighted. There are also instances in which the dub was not actually recorded for the footage we are seeing on the DVD (instances of which occur in both the first season set and fifth season set).

I kind of do not want to go in a lot detail here, so if you want to know the exact problems, I suggest looking at my reviews for the first 123 episodes and/or FUNimations 5 season sets (I have been reviewing manga volumes 27+, in addition to the anime, so it may take some time to find relevant info from the link).
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 6:23 pm

\"brycec wrote:

Well, Japan caused a plot hole in the first five episodes, which caused FUNimation to create a later episode, and even created a new plot hole in a later episode. Then, Japan ruined the man hunt case, which causes a delay in the introduction of Haibara in the anime.

After messing with those two episodes, and going into the season that Haibara was introduced in the Japanese version, many episode previews were out of order (e.g. previews were for either cases further down the line or cases that already happened).

As for FUNimation, I already mentioned their dub error that creates a dub exclusive plot hole, so we will go into other annoyances. They broke their long established pattern of showing extended length episodes pretty much unaltered, and even remove content that had been in their releases for quite some time. Then, they do not even bother explaining things that were explained in the Japanese version, as well as the manga, and they even call somebody who is nearsighted farsighted. There are also instances in which the dub was not actually recorded for the footage we are seeing  on the DVD (instances of which occur in both the first season set and fifth season set).

I kind of do not want to go in a lot detail here, so if you want to know the exact problems, I suggest looking at my reviews for the first 123 episodes and/or FUNimations 5 season sets (I have been reviewing manga volumes 27+, in addition to the anime, so it may take some time to find relevant info from the link).

I see, that can be annoying.  With that said, I feel the show has more good points than bad, not that you were saying otherwise.  Any other thoughts for panels?
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP
Iam1412Te

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 6:50 pm

The forums have been dead for a while but I'm confident that will change as we get new members in here with us
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/xxWhitephantom1412
brycec
brycec

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 7:20 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
\"brycec wrote:

As for FUNimation, I already mentioned their dub error that creates a dub exclusive plot hole, so we will go into other annoyances. They broke their long established pattern of showing extended length episodes pretty much unaltered, and even remove content that had been in their releases for quite some time. Then, they do not even bother explaining things that were explained in the Japanese version, as well as the manga, and they even call somebody who is nearsighted farsighted. There are also instances in which the dub was not actually recorded for the footage we are seeing  on the DVD (instances of which occur in both the first season set and fifth season set).

I see, that can be annoying.  With that said, I feel the show has more good points than bad, not that you were saying otherwise.  Any other thoughts for panels?

Cannot really think of any, except maybe that the Black org and KID cases would probably be better in real time and you do not need to know how to read Kanji, Katakana, and every other Japanese writing system other than Romaji, since Viz pretty much leaves the Japanese clues intact, whereas FUNimation has had instance where they completely changed the clues from what they were in the Japanese version.

The anime has been fairly faithful to its manga counterpart, except for those two episodes in the first season, anyway so I can pretty much guess whatever else is likable about the show applies to the manga too.

As for panel ideas, maybe cover the important the events of the show, though that can be combined in with what has already been mentioned. After all, there are many people asking what the important episodes are, and except for a few non-english sources and reading the manga, there really is not anything that tells people what is and is not important.

Iam1412Te wrote:
The forums have been dead for a while but I'm confident that will change as we get new members in here with us

Not all new members are posting here though. I see more activity on DCTP, especially from those that just join, than I do here.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Iam1412Te wrote:

I hope so. Do you have any thought about the panels?
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 7:37 pm

brycec wrote:
Cannot really think of any, except maybe that the Black org and KID cases would probably be better in real time and you do not need to know how to read Kanji, Katakana, and every other Japanese writing system other than Romaji, since Viz pretty much leaves the Japanese clues intact, whereas FUNimation has had instance where they completely changed the clues from what they were in the Japanese version.

The anime has been fairly faithful to its manga counterpart, except for those two episodes in the first season, anyway so I can pretty much guess whatever else is likable about the show applies to the manga too.

As for panel ideas, maybe cover the important the events of the show, though that can be combined in with what has already been mentioned. After all, there are many people asking what the important episodes are, and except for a few non-english sources and reading the manga, there really is not anything that tells people what is and is not important.

Maybe we can throw in a brief section comparing the show with the manga. I feel the important events are anything that helps character/overall plot development.
Back to top Go down
brycec
brycec

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 7:55 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
brycec wrote:

Maybe we can throw in a brief section comparing the show with the manga.  I feel the important events are anything that helps character/overall plot development.

I would kind of agree with those thoughts, but there are still a lot of things that end up going nowhere, because the next case or episode ignores the development.

As for comparing the anime and manga, that would be tough, because even I have found some things that differed between the two that have not been mentioned anywhere else. You would have to be dedicated to look through each episode/case and manga volume to find all the differences, especially because timelines are different.

I would just focus on the things that are big differences, such as those that I have already mentioned here and on my blog. After all, those big differences are the things can answer questions that fans ask a lot, such as how Jimmy knew the names of the people who shrunk him, who is Haibara and why is she important, and why Harley suddenly does not know Conan is Jimmy, which is a dub exclusive question.

However, I think you can go over cases that seemed to have more emotional impact being animated than in their manga counterpart.

Update: I did find an english page than list important episodes and why at the following address.

http://xerbladex.blogspot.com/p/detective-conan-important-episode-list.html
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP
Iam1412Te

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:18 pm

I've never been to a con so I don't have any idea how to set up a panel but I'm excited to see what happens
Back to top Go down
snipe1986
snipe1986

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Setting up a con panel would be pretty awesome to do and the line up that travisakatj came up with sounds pretty cool, but the real question I have here is 1) do we need to have a projected amount of people to get one set up or is it a lets approve it and see who shows thing. And 2) how many people would actually be able to show up especially depending on the location. Not everyone will be able to make it to these. I know the series isn't just limited to the fans on this website or the SCC movement, but was just curious because if one got started I would not only love to attend but I would also like to see it succeed in spreading the message to get a 6th season and to maybe to have more cons in the future. I know it's kinda of a negative thought to put out there but just something that was in the back of my head.
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP
Iam1412Te

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 10:47 pm

snipe1986 wrote:
Setting up a con panel would be pretty awesome to do and the line up that travisakatj came up with sounds pretty cool, but the real question I have here is 1) do we need to have a projected amount of people to get one set up or is it a lets approve it and see who shows thing.  And 2) how many people would actually be able to show up especially depending on the location.  Not everyone will be able to make it to these.  I know the series isn't just limited to the fans on this website or the SCC movement, but was just curious because if one got started I would not only love to attend but I would also like to see it succeed in spreading the message to get a 6th season and to maybe to have more cons in the future. I know it's kinda of a negative thought to put out there but just something that was in the back of my head.
These are great points and to be honest I've been thinking about who would actually be able to attend
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 2:46 am

snipe1986 wrote:
Setting up a con panel would be pretty awesome to do and the line up that travisakatj came up with sounds pretty cool, but the real question I have here is 1) do we need to have a projected amount of people to get one set up or is it a lets approve it and see who shows thing.  And 2) how many people would actually be able to show up especially depending on the location.  Not everyone will be able to make it to these.  I know the series isn't just limited to the fans on this website or the SCC movement, but was just curious because if one got started I would not only love to attend but I would also like to see it succeed in spreading the message to get a 6th season and to maybe to have more cons in the future. I know it's kinda of a negative thought to put out there but just something that was in the back of my head.

As far as I know, just the content of the panels that need approved and see who shows up. As for location, it depends on who we can get to do it. When I started this thread, I was just thinking about fans of the show who doesn't know about the movement, but it would be great if we got fans of the movement to attend as well. If I had to guess a location, I would say somewhere in or near Ohio, just because that seems to be where most of the people here live. With that said, I would love for it to take place anywhere, as long as it happens. My end goal is to have these panels in cons all over the US, but right now we just need to work on getting in one. If we do that, it should only get easier from there.

I know I said we need to work on the content first, but I can't help but wonder who is willing to be a panelist?
Back to top Go down
gid4051
gid4051

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 2:58 am

I'm willing to be a panelist but as I said before I can't move frilly nilly around the country. Around the great lakes region is best for me. However if given enough time I would try to go to other cons around the country.

I would say yes a con in or around ohio does sound good for now and then expand from there.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:09 am

gid4051 wrote:
I'm willing to be a panelist but as I said before I can't move frilly nilly around the country. Around the great lakes region is best for me. However if given enough time I would try to go to other cons around the country.

I would say yes a con in or around ohio does sound good for now and then expand from there.

Thank you, I'm not expecting you to do it all yourself, I'm hoping that we can get members of the movement from all over to do it. We can work out the content here online and once that's done we can just re-use it over and over. The only work from there on will be getting approval and people to be panelist.
Back to top Go down
gid4051
gid4051

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:17 am

Travisakaj wrote:
Thank you, I'm not expecting you to do it all yourself, I'm hoping that we can get members of the movement from all over to do it. We can work out the content here online and once that's done we can just re-use it over and over. The only work from there on will be getting approval and people to be panelist.

I sure hope that I'm not the only panelist. I can speak in a group but not if there is a lot of people and no help.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:22 am

gid4051 wrote:
I sure hope that I'm not the only panelist. I can speak in a group but not if there is a lot of people and no help.

Well, Professor C said he would go anywhere and be a co-panelist and if it's somewhere close by, I wouldn't mind helping out.
Back to top Go down
snipe1986
snipe1986

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 2:56 pm

Well that's good to hear we don't need a projected attendance to get it approved cause as i said that was one of the things that was bugging me about this whole thing. Also If it's near Ohio or Michigan I would be willing to be a panelist as well. No idea what I would have to do, but if it meant helping out the cause then I will be there to help if I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

setting up panels  Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

setting up panels
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next