Save Case Closed

One Truth Prevails
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the new forums we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't forget to register!
Want to know the cheapest price for CC DVDs? Well head over to http://www.savecaseclosedpodcast.wordpress.com/ for info on CC DVDs
Streaming Now! Case Closed on their website, all you have to do is sign up and pay the monthly fee http://www.funimation.com/
Want info on the CC fanDUB? Head over to the SCC Podcast Website or the SCC FB page!
Case Closed S.A.V.E. Editions now available
Case Closed is now digital!!! Buy single episodes or entire seasons on iTunes!
Remember to catch Case Closed every Friday @ http://allkidsoutofthepool.com/ Check their schedule page for time listings
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 42 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:32 am
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password

Share | 
 

 Case Closed Season 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brycec
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 208
Points : 237
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Case Closed Season 3   Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm

What do you guys think of Case Closed season 3, which starts at the Mist Goblin Murder case and ends at the first appearance of Kaito Kuroba, the Phantom Thief Kid, according to MagicBox?

As I plan on reviewing this season in April, I will try to save my thoughts for the season review.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
ccrogers15
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 48
Points : 76
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-14
Age : 22
Location : usa

PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm

brycec wrote:
What do you guys think of Case Closed season 3, which starts at the Mist Goblin Murder case and ends at the first appearance of Kaito Kuroba, the Phantom Thief Kid, according to MagicBox?

As I plan on reviewing this season in April, I will try to save my thoughts for the season review.
Season 3 was pretty good. I liked it. Although my favorite season was Season 5, (although sadly Funimation left out 11 episodes, 2 of them introduced Ai Haibara). Season 5 was my fave of obvious reasons (Pretty intense.)

I wish Funimation would of dubbed the remaining 11 season 5 episodes.
Kinda odd they did not dub those, yet, they dubbed the movies with Ai Haibara. In the end that made plot holes for the english viewers when they see Haibara. They will be like: "Who in the world is that girl?"

_________________

"In the real world, life isnt black or white. Sometimes its red, blood red."
Back to top Go down
brycec
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 208
Points : 237
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:47 pm

ccrogers15 wrote:
brycec wrote:
What do you guys think of Case Closed season 3, which starts at the Mist Goblin Murder case and ends at the first appearance of Kaito Kuroba, the Phantom Thief Kid, according to MagicBox?

As I plan on reviewing this season in April, I will try to save my thoughts for the season review.
Season 3 was pretty good. I liked it. Although my favorite season was Season 5, (although sadly Funimation left out 11 episodes, 2 of them introduced Ai Haibara). Season 5 was my fave of obvious reasons (Pretty intense.)

I wish Funimation would of dubbed the remaining 11 season 5 episodes.
Kinda odd they did not dub those, yet, they dubbed the movies with Ai Haibara. In the end that made plot holes for the english viewers when they see Haibara. They will be like: "Who in the world is that girl?"

Can I have a source for where you say that there were 11 episodes left out? According to the page I linked to, FUNimation's season sets range anywhere from 23 to 26 episodes (since many episodes are actually extended length episodes, not multipart, and I do not see any set where the amount exceeds 26 episodes that do not have extended length ones in the set). Looking at Detective Conan World, that would include the stadium case, which is definitely past the episode where Haibara is introduced.

As for the plot holes, there are a ton in the anime because of both Japan and FUNimation.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
ccrogers15
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 48
Points : 76
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-14
Age : 22
Location : usa

PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:30 am

brycec wrote:
ccrogers15 wrote:
brycec wrote:
What do you guys think of Case Closed season 3, which starts at the Mist Goblin Murder case and ends at the first appearance of Kaito Kuroba, the Phantom Thief Kid, according to MagicBox?

As I plan on reviewing this season in April, I will try to save my thoughts for the season review.
Season 3 was pretty good. I liked it. Although my favorite season was Season 5, (although sadly Funimation left out 11 episodes, 2 of them introduced Ai Haibara). Season 5 was my fave of obvious reasons (Pretty intense.)

I wish Funimation would of dubbed the remaining 11 season 5 episodes.
Kinda odd they did not dub those, yet, they dubbed the movies with Ai Haibara. In the end that made plot holes for the english viewers when they see Haibara. They will be like: "Who in the world is that girl?"

Can I have a source for where you say that there were 11 episodes left out? According to the page I linked to, FUNimation's season sets range anywhere from 23 to 26 episodes (since many episodes are actually extended length episodes, not multipart, and I do not see any set where the amount exceeds 26 episodes that do not have extended length ones in the set). Looking at Detective Conan World, that would include the stadium case, which is definitely past the episode where Haibara is introduced.

As for the plot holes, there are a ton in the anime because of both Japan and FUNimation.

Not officially. Im going by how those 11 ep were in season 5 of DC, but in season 5 of CC they were not.

Anyways, all movies starting with Captured in her eyes shown Haibara as "Vye". I seen comments on Funimation forums by many who never seen the japan episodes saying "Who is this?" and "Did i miss something?"
This was because Funimation decided it was a good idea to dub 5 movies with her in it and not the 11 episodes.

(Which was pretty odd, considering it would of been CHEAPER to dub the episodes instead. Considering each of those episodes are about 20 minutes in length, compared to each 2+ hour movie)

I still dont understand that move. They easily could of released those 11 episodes, but they did the movies instead.

_________________

"In the real world, life isnt black or white. Sometimes its red, blood red."
Back to top Go down
brycec
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 208
Points : 237
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:13 am

ccrogers15 wrote:
brycec wrote:
ccrogers15 wrote:
brycec wrote:
What do you guys think of Case Closed season 3, which starts at the Mist Goblin Murder case and ends at the first appearance of Kaito Kuroba, the Phantom Thief Kid, according to MagicBox?

As I plan on reviewing this season in April, I will try to save my thoughts for the season review.
Season 3 was pretty good. I liked it. Although my favorite season was Season 5, (although sadly Funimation left out 11 episodes, 2 of them introduced Ai Haibara). Season 5 was my fave of obvious reasons (Pretty intense.)

I wish Funimation would of dubbed the remaining 11 season 5 episodes.
Kinda odd they did not dub those, yet, they dubbed the movies with Ai Haibara. In the end that made plot holes for the english viewers when they see Haibara. They will be like: "Who in the world is that girl?"

Can I have a source for where you say that there were 11 episodes left out? According to the page I linked to, FUNimation's season sets range anywhere from 23 to 26 episodes (since many episodes are actually extended length episodes, not multipart, and I do not see any set where the amount exceeds 26 episodes that do not have extended length ones in the set). Looking at Detective Conan World, that would include the stadium case, which is definitely past the episode where Haibara is introduced.

As for the plot holes, there are a ton in the anime because of both Japan and FUNimation.

Not officially. Im going by how those 11 ep were in season 5 of DC, but in season 5 of CC they were not.

Anyways, all movies starting with Captured in her eyes shown Haibara as "Vye". I seen comments on Funimation forums by many who never seen the japan episodes saying "Who is this?" and "Did i miss something?"
This was because Funimation decided it was a good idea to dub 5 movies with her in it and not the 11 episodes.

(Which was pretty odd, considering it would of been CHEAPER to dub the episodes instead. Considering each of those episodes are about 20 minutes in length, compared to each 2+ hour movie)

I still dont understand that move. They easily could of released those 11 episodes, but they did the movies instead.

Makes sense. After all, not everyone following the Detective Conan (Case Closed) anime follows the Viz releases too, which those posters seemed to not have been following. I mainly follow the manga myself now, but I own every FUNimation DVD release of Detective Conan (Case Closed), except the first three season sets and the combo with the first two movies, because I hate unnecessary double dipping.

They could have released the sixth season set before movies 3-6 too.

As for the 11 you say that were left out, I do not remember a time where there were as many episodes in FUNimation's seasons as Japan's seasons. After all, according to that Detective Conan World link, Japan's first season supposedly had 28 episodes, since Moonlight Sonata was an extended length episode, whereas FUNimation's had 25. There may be some exceptions, but even then the seasons never ended on the same episode.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
ccrogers15
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 48
Points : 76
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-14
Age : 22
Location : usa

PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:34 am

brycec wrote:
ccrogers15 wrote:
brycec wrote:
ccrogers15 wrote:
brycec wrote:
What do you guys think of Case Closed season 3, which starts at the Mist Goblin Murder case and ends at the first appearance of Kaito Kuroba, the Phantom Thief Kid, according to MagicBox?

As I plan on reviewing this season in April, I will try to save my thoughts for the season review.
Season 3 was pretty good. I liked it. Although my favorite season was Season 5, (although sadly Funimation left out 11 episodes, 2 of them introduced Ai Haibara). Season 5 was my fave of obvious reasons (Pretty intense.)

I wish Funimation would of dubbed the remaining 11 season 5 episodes.
Kinda odd they did not dub those, yet, they dubbed the movies with Ai Haibara. In the end that made plot holes for the english viewers when they see Haibara. They will be like: "Who in the world is that girl?"

Can I have a source for where you say that there were 11 episodes left out? According to the page I linked to, FUNimation's season sets range anywhere from 23 to 26 episodes (since many episodes are actually extended length episodes, not multipart, and I do not see any set where the amount exceeds 26 episodes that do not have extended length ones in the set). Looking at Detective Conan World, that would include the stadium case, which is definitely past the episode where Haibara is introduced.

As for the plot holes, there are a ton in the anime because of both Japan and FUNimation.

Not officially. Im going by how those 11 ep were in season 5 of DC, but in season 5 of CC they were not.

Anyways, all movies starting with Captured in her eyes shown Haibara as "Vye". I seen comments on Funimation forums by many who never seen the japan episodes saying "Who is this?" and "Did i miss something?"
This was because Funimation decided it was a good idea to dub 5 movies with her in it and not the 11 episodes.

(Which was pretty odd, considering it would of been CHEAPER to dub the episodes instead. Considering each of those episodes are about 20 minutes in length, compared to each 2+ hour movie)

I still dont understand that move. They easily could of released those 11 episodes, but they did the movies instead.

Makes sense. After all, not everyone following the Detective Conan (Case Closed) anime follows the Viz releases too, which those posters seemed to not have been following. I mainly follow the manga myself now, but I own every FUNimation DVD release of Detective Conan (Case Closed), except the first three season sets and the combo with the first two movies, because I hate unnecessary double dipping.

They could have released the sixth season set before movies 3-6 too.

As for the 11 you say that were left out, I do not remember a time where there were as many episodes in FUNimation's seasons as Japan's seasons. After all, according to that Detective Conan World link, Japan's first season supposedly had 28 episodes, since Moonlight Sonata was an extended length episode, whereas FUNimation's had 25. There may be some exceptions, but even then the seasons never ended on the same episode.
If you look on seasons for CC, it would seem seasons 1 and 2 combined a few episodes into one, which was why the numbers messed up. In seasons 3-5 i noticed there are no doubled episodes.

Anyways, any idea why they dubbed the movies but not those 11 episodes?

_________________

"In the real world, life isnt black or white. Sometimes its red, blood red."
Back to top Go down
brycec
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 208
Points : 237
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:14 am

ccrogers15 wrote:
brycec wrote:
ccrogers15 wrote:
brycec wrote:
ccrogers15 wrote:
brycec wrote:
What do you guys think of Case Closed season 3, which starts at the Mist Goblin Murder case and ends at the first appearance of Kaito Kuroba, the Phantom Thief Kid, according to MagicBox?

As I plan on reviewing this season in April, I will try to save my thoughts for the season review.
Season 3 was pretty good. I liked it. Although my favorite season was Season 5, (although sadly Funimation left out 11 episodes, 2 of them introduced Ai Haibara). Season 5 was my fave of obvious reasons (Pretty intense.)

I wish Funimation would of dubbed the remaining 11 season 5 episodes.
Kinda odd they did not dub those, yet, they dubbed the movies with Ai Haibara. In the end that made plot holes for the english viewers when they see Haibara. They will be like: "Who in the world is that girl?"

Can I have a source for where you say that there were 11 episodes left out? According to the page I linked to, FUNimation's season sets range anywhere from 23 to 26 episodes (since many episodes are actually extended length episodes, not multipart, and I do not see any set where the amount exceeds 26 episodes that do not have extended length ones in the set). Looking at Detective Conan World, that would include the stadium case, which is definitely past the episode where Haibara is introduced.

As for the plot holes, there are a ton in the anime because of both Japan and FUNimation.

Not officially. Im going by how those 11 ep were in season 5 of DC, but in season 5 of CC they were not.

Anyways, all movies starting with Captured in her eyes shown Haibara as "Vye". I seen comments on Funimation forums by many who never seen the japan episodes saying "Who is this?" and "Did i miss something?"
This was because Funimation decided it was a good idea to dub 5 movies with her in it and not the 11 episodes.

(Which was pretty odd, considering it would of been CHEAPER to dub the episodes instead. Considering each of those episodes are about 20 minutes in length, compared to each 2+ hour movie)

I still dont understand that move. They easily could of released those 11 episodes, but they did the movies instead.

Makes sense. After all, not everyone following the Detective Conan (Case Closed) anime follows the Viz releases too, which those posters seemed to not have been following. I mainly follow the manga myself now, but I own every FUNimation DVD release of Detective Conan (Case Closed), except the first three season sets and the combo with the first two movies, because I hate unnecessary double dipping.

They could have released the sixth season set before movies 3-6 too.

As for the 11 you say that were left out, I do not remember a time where there were as many episodes in FUNimation's seasons as Japan's seasons. After all, according to that Detective Conan World link, Japan's first season supposedly had 28 episodes, since Moonlight Sonata was an extended length episode, whereas FUNimation's had 25. There may be some exceptions, but even then the seasons never ended on the same episode.
If you look on seasons for CC, it would seem seasons 1 and 2 combined a few episodes into one, which was why the numbers messed up. In seasons 3-5 i noticed there are no doubled episodes.

Anyways, any idea why they dubbed the movies but not those 11 episodes?

Do you mean extended length by the double episodes? I guess I am more more aware of how the count actually is.

In FUNimation's season, the following are one to two hours long:

The Moonlight Sonata Murder Case (episode 11) (episodes 11-12, according FUNimation's count)
Mist Goblin Murder Case (episode 52) (episodes 53-54, according to FUNimation's count)
Phantom Thief 1412 (episode 76) (episodes 78-79, according to FUNimation's count)
Jimmy Kudo revealed (episode 96) (episodes 99-102, according to FUNimation's count)
License to Die (episode 118) (episodes 124-125, according to FUNimation's count)

Out of those, the most obvious that was extended length is Jimmy Kudo Revealed (count how many times you have seen scenes pop up in the opening that only either occur in the latter two of the four episodes or in the earlier two of the four, they should appear all four times and have scenes from more than one of the episodes. It was also one of the first I saw way before it was dubbed). License to Die was also another I saw before it was dubbed

I apologize if that sounded mean, but I felt like I needed to illustrate it.

Most likely reason they did more movies instead of episodes though was that it was more profitable, since people were impressed with the handling of the first movie.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
ccrogers15
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 48
Points : 76
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-14
Age : 22
Location : usa

PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:20 pm

No Problem. Imo they should not of changed the order. Makes things complicated for dual viewers like me. (I watch both DC and CC, i watch episodes 1-130 in english, and 131+ in japanese with english subs).

_________________

"In the real world, life isnt black or white. Sometimes its red, blood red."
Back to top Go down
brycec
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 208
Points : 237
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:23 pm

ccrogers15 wrote:
No Problem. Imo they should not of changed the order. Makes things complicated for dual viewers like me. (I watch both DC and CC, i watch episodes 1-130 in english, and 131+ in japanese with english subs).

The order mess up kind of makes things difficult for me too. However, it is mainly because my blog gets traffic from people wanting information about an episode and it obviously ends up being not what they are looking for, especially since I state what episode(s) it is in the Japanese count right in the text.

It probably had to be done because of Adult Swim.

On the other hand, it is not as bothersome as the fact that every extended length episode after Phantom Thief 1412 was split into multiple episodes right on the disc, with labels like unedited/uncut. I liked how they handled things on the singles, in that extended length episodes were presented how they were supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
ccrogers15
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 48
Points : 76
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-14
Age : 22
Location : usa

PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Its really their fault if they dont find what they need.
Detective Conan is Detective Conan, and case closed is case closed.

If they want say, Detective Conan Episode 130 but they download Case Closed Episode 130, thats their fault. Razz

_________________

"In the real world, life isnt black or white. Sometimes its red, blood red."
Back to top Go down
brycec
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 208
Points : 237
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:48 pm

ccrogers15 wrote:
Its really their fault if they dont find what they need.
Detective Conan is Detective Conan, and case closed is case closed.

If they want say, Detective Conan Episode 130 but they download Case Closed Episode 130, thats their fault. Razz

Maybe it is, especially since my blog only reviews the episodes, seasons, and manga volumes, it does not stream episodes or allow manga or anime downloads.

However, not everything you just said is necessarily true. Detective Conan is Case Closed and vice versa. The only thing different, other than numbering, is that one is the US dub and the other is pretty much what is is known by worldwide.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
ccrogers15
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 48
Points : 76
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-14
Age : 22
Location : usa

PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:55 pm

brycec wrote:
ccrogers15 wrote:
Its really their fault if they dont find what they need.
Detective Conan is Detective Conan, and case closed is case closed.

If they want say, Detective Conan Episode 130 but they download Case Closed Episode 130, thats their fault. Razz

Maybe it is, especially since my blog only reviews the episodes, seasons, and manga volumes, it does not stream episodes or allow manga or anime downloads.

However, not everything you just said is necessarily true. Detective Conan is Case Closed and vice versa. The only thing different, other than numbering, is that one is the US dub and the other is pretty much what is is known by worldwide.
And the other is that if you review the episodes, you would normally put: "Case Closed- The Big Shrink Review", not "Detective Conan- Rollercoaster murder case Review".
This is another telling sign people should learn to read. Razz

_________________

"In the real world, life isnt black or white. Sometimes its red, blood red."
Back to top Go down
brycec
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 208
Points : 237
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:03 pm

ccrogers15 wrote:
brycec wrote:
ccrogers15 wrote:
Its really their fault if they dont find what they need.
Detective Conan is Detective Conan, and case closed is case closed.

If they want say, Detective Conan Episode 130 but they download Case Closed Episode 130, thats their fault. Razz

Maybe it is, especially since my blog only reviews the episodes, seasons, and manga volumes, it does not stream episodes or allow manga or anime downloads.

However, not everything you just said is necessarily true. Detective Conan is Case Closed and vice versa. The only thing different, other than numbering, is that one is the US dub and the other is pretty much what is is known by worldwide.
And the other is that if you review the episodes, you would normally put: "Case Closed- The Big Shrink Review", not "Detective Conan- Rollercoaster murder case Review".
This is another telling sign people should learn to read. Razz

Well, that is certainly true that people need to read more carefully. Of course, I do not use episode titles in the post title of my reviews. I just use the episode number, but it is still the same idea, once you get past episode 10.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Case Closed Season 3   

Back to top Go down
 
Case Closed Season 3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» A Proxy Protagonist?[Case Closed]
» First New Century (Case Closed/Detective Conan)
» The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
» Pot holder rotary cutter case
» Season 9 - rewrite (Matthew Rogers/The Wild Boy)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Save Case Closed :: Case Closed :: Case Closed Series-
Jump to: