Save Case Closed

One Truth Prevails

HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the new forums we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't forget to register!
Want to know the cheapest price for CC DVDs? Well head over to http://www.savecaseclosedpodcast.wordpress.com/ for info on CC DVDs
Streaming Now! Case Closed on their website, all you have to do is sign up and pay the monthly fee http://www.funimation.com/
Want info on the CC fanDUB? Head over to the SCC Podcast Website or the SCC FB page!
Case Closed S.A.V.E. Editions now available
Case Closed is now digital!!! Buy single episodes or entire seasons on iTunes!
Remember to catch Case Closed every Friday @ http://allkidsoutofthepool.com/ Check their schedule page for time listings
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 42 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:32 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Introductions: Who are you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hello_Sai

PostSubject: Introductions: Who are you?   Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi, everyone. Very Happy

My name is Sai. I enjoy a lot of different shows. :)Too many to list.
I play video games.
-Sims 3 (PC)
-PS3
- I also own a wii but I'm not a fan of the wii.
-I want the xbox 360 for only one reason which is: perfect dark and the other classic game from the old nintendo 64 system.

Few tv shows and animes, I've seen.
So recommend shows you watch to me.

Case Closed
Ghost Hunt
Psychic Detective Yakumo
Supernatural
Random other shows:
Fullmetal Alchemist (and FMA Brotherhood)
Bleach
Burnnotice
Scrubs
Psych
Ghost Whisperer
NCIS
House
Secret Life Of an A.T.
Teen wolf
Inuyasha
Yu Yu Hakusho show
Futurama
Family guy

Who's Next?

renzo210
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi Peeps,

Im renzo210 the admin for the website SaveCaseClosedPodcast and the forums. I was a part of the awesome adult swim stream [AKotP] Since akotp is no more all my effort is going into the Save Case Closed movement, which is why I made the website and forums and trying to give the movement attention from heavy hitters like Amazon.com and FUNimaton.

I'm a nerd and love anime to death, I have to big of a list to name all the ones I like but my avatar explains one of my favorites Cool

#SaveCaseClosed
Back to top Go down
http://www.allkidsoutofthepool.com/
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Hello everyone, I'm brycec. I was at member at the old forums, but I kind of went inactive. I recently rekindled my liking of Detective Conan after becoming disappoint that the only interesting cases for a while were ones involving Black Org and KID. I write fiction for a living and have also been doing anime reviews on my blog. I am also pretty much a computer geek and a big fan of anime.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
chimpspark

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi everyone, I'm chimpspark. I travel all the time and I love watching anime. I just moved after living in Alaska for 9 years! and i just love the cold. I've recently been trying to teach myself Japanese I would recommend you check out Ken Cannon on youtube.

My birthday is coming up on August 13!!!

-I have a ps2 I love to play all the time.
Ps2 games:

Ape Escape 2- Very Fun (easy)
Dragon Ball Z: infinite worlds- great fighting (pretty hard)
Persona 4: Great game (hard)
Xenosaga 1&2- Long Story (hard)
All Ractchet and Clank Games on ps2- very fun (normal)
Kingdom Hearts- okay (pretty hard)
Back to top Go down
Hello_Sai

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:40 pm

chimpspark wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm chimpspark. I travel all the time and I love watching anime. I just moved after living in Alaska for 9 years! and i just love the cold. I've recently been trying to teach myself Japanese I would recommend you check out Ken Cannon on youtube.

My birthday is coming up on August 13!!!

-I have a ps2 I love to play all the time.
Ps2 games:

Ape Escape 2- Very Fun (easy)
Dragon Ball Z: infinite worlds- great fighting (pretty hard)
Persona 4: Great game (hard)
Xenosaga 1&2- Long Story (hard)
All Ractchet and Clank Games on ps2- very fun (normal)
Kingdom Hearts- okay (pretty hard)

Nice to meet everyone. Chimpspark you have the came birthday as my sister. haha "evil laugh" I don't share my birthday with anyone I know.

PlayingMonk

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:21 pm

Hey, I'm PlayingMonk. I've been a fan of Case Closed since it aired on Adult Swim back in 2004/2005. I was pretty active on the old FUNi forums Case Closed board from around 2007-2010 but don't really care for the new forums. It's good to see an online community building around Case Closed here in 2012 with the intention of trying to get more dubbed! Smile

Let's see... I'm a math major in college and when it comes to videogames I'm basically just a Nintendo fanboy. Currently I'm playing Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box on the 3DS. If you're a Case Closed fan I highly recommend the Professor Layton series!

I guess that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:45 pm

How's it going I've been a fan of the series from the first episode and i also like anime and video games

Some animes i seen
Bleach(it's okay)
Case Closed/Detective Conan(Best anime i seen)
Inuyasha(Pretty cool)
Naruto(Liked it at first but now i can't stand it
Dbz/Gt/Kai( I loved the old one)
Family Guy( When nothing is on tv)
Futurama( Same as Family guy)
Magic Kaito(I reccommend

Video Games I've played
Call of duty(Ps3) I dont own
Infamous(Ps3)
Sly 1 (Ps2/Ps3)
Dc universe online(Ps3)
Fight night round 4(Ps3)
Nba 2k11/12(Ps3)
Madden 2011 and 12

Xbox 360 its broken and i'm not gonna replace it
Spider-man 3
Spectacular spider-man
Assassins creed 1 and 2
Street fighter
dragon ball raging blast 2

And finally I'm the host of the follow up and scc nation check it out youtube.com/sceptileleafblade87

Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/xxWhitephantom1412
Hello_Sai

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:32 pm

Iam1412Te wrote:
How's it going I've been a fan of the series from the first episode and i also like anime and video games

Some animes i seen
Bleach(it's okay)
Case Closed/Detective Conan(Best anime i seen)
Inuyasha(Pretty cool)
Naruto(Liked it at first but now i can't stand it
Dbz/Gt/Kai( I loved the old one)
Family Guy( When nothing is on tv)
Futurama( Same as Family guy)
Magic Kaito(I reccommend

Video Games I've played
Call of duty(Ps3) I dont own
Infamous(Ps3)
Sly 1 (Ps2/Ps3)
Dc universe online(Ps3)
Fight night round 4(Ps3)
Nba 2k11/12(Ps3)
Madden 2011 and 12

Xbox 360 its broken and i'm not gonna replace it
Spider-man 3
Spectacular spider-man
Assassins creed 1 and 2
Street fighter
dragon ball raging blast 2

And finally I'm the host of the follow up and scc nation check it out youtube.com/sceptileleafblade87

Yeah Nice list. So I noticed you put Assassins creed on there? Do you like the games?

Yelling: I love assassins creed. Awkward Silence,,.........

Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:20 pm

Yes i do lol
Back to top Go down
Hello_Sai

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Smile Cool. I also like the Harry Potter movies and the DBZ series.

SherrySilverBullet

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Hey!!
Call me Weetzie!!!!
I love reading and writing fanfiction, especially Detective Conan!!! Razz Im also a video game/ Star wars Nerd!!! SMART NERD.......no, GAMES.......YES
Music and writing is my passion!! I have been a Case Closed fan for a couple of years now. Once I picked up the manga from the library i was hooked! I have not seen every 600th episode but i am close!!!!......not really.....
List of my favorite animes!!! and what I also support What a Face
Cardcaptor Sakura
Detective Conan
Sailor Moon
Soul Eater
Kingdom Hearts (I DOMINATE!!!) affraid
The Portrait of le Petit Cosset
Princess Tutu
Inuyasha
Fruits Basket
Clannad *sniff sniff* so beautiful!!!!!
Chobits
The ORIGINAL Pokemon....if you want to count that as an anime.....now its american and boring......
Yugioh ORIGINAL
AND MUCHO MORE!
Back to top Go down
cnotevip5

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Hey what's up people?? I've got into case closed when i randomly stumbled upon the show on the funimation channel and decided to give it a chance. When it was first on toonami I was stupid and never bothered to check it out which was stupid of me. Back then I wasn't big on anime besides Dragonball Z.

Im defineately an anime fan now even though I might not seem like a person who would be interested in anime. I play sports (football, and basketball) and watch a lot of the nba (Go Lakers) and the nfl (Go Redskins). I play a lot of video games but mainly sports and nintendo co op games, Im not to big on one player games, I get bored.

Here's some animes I've watched and liked...

Dragonball, Z, and GT (NOT KAI!!!)
Naruto
Case Closed (Obviously)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Rave Master
One Piece

Im sure there others!!
Back to top Go down
Hello_Sai

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:10 am

cnotevip5 wrote:
Hey what's up people?? I've got into case closed when i randomly stumbled upon the show on the funimation channel and decided to give it a chance. When it was first on toonami I was stupid and never bothered to check it out which was stupid of me. Back then I wasn't big on anime besides Dragonball Z.

Im defineately an anime fan now even though I might not seem like a person who would be interested in anime. I play sports (football, and basketball) and watch a lot of the nba (Go Lakers) and the nfl (Go Redskins). I play a lot of video games but mainly sports and nintendo co op games, Im not to big on one player games, I get bored.

Here's some animes I've watched and liked...

Dragonball, Z, and GT (NOT KAI!!!)
Naruto
Case Closed (Obviously)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Rave Master
One Piece

Im sure there others!!

Cool. High Five. Slow head nod.

SaruMadness124

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:16 am

Hey, I'm Saru. Got into Case Closed about... mmm, 5 years ago... wow, has it been that long? lol I actually watched it on YouTube (shame lol) But for some reason, don't remember why, I had a big hankering for this series before I even watched it or really knew it. It became my very first teen anime that I liked (I used to hate anime as a kid xD) and it's still raining champ for my favorite.

Anway, I'm a simple guy who's real easy to please. Though I do dream pretty big, when I want to anyway xD

Used to be a big gamer, from inside my room anyway lol into ALL the older systems, though I haven't played them all, and I got a couple of the new ones. Mirror's Edge and Alpha Protocol for XB360 are totally brill.

Only anime I'd recommend at this point would be Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning. Excellent anime, with a great score too. But I gotta tell ya, if Spiral is a 9 in my book, the manga is a 28 ;D I mean, if you don't mind the rather... dark atmosphere it can give off lol I can direct you to it too.

Criminal Minds (My top favorite)
NCIS (You too? Very Happy I'm not caught up lol)
Prison Break (SO awesome. If I don't catch up on NC--Nope, NCIS is too awesome lol)
Breakout Kings (Spin-off of Prison Break, very good.)
The Glades (Very nice xD)
And of course, House MD. But same story as NCIS x)
I could probably name a few more but, you get the idea lol

As you can maybe tell, these are all crime-dramas....... TEEHEE XP Went from mystery anime to American Crime-dramas lol

geekgeekgeekgeekgeekgeekgeekgeekgeekgeek
lol!------------------------------lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/bepplusscc
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:43 am

SaruMadness124 wrote:
Hey, I'm Saru. Got into Case Closed about... mmm, 5 years ago... wow, has it been that long? lol I actually watched it on YouTube (shame lol) But for some reason, don't remember why, I had a big hankering for this series before I even watched it or really knew it. It became my very first teen anime that I liked (I used to hate anime as a kid xD) and it's still raining champ for my favorite.

Anway, I'm a simple guy who's real easy to please. Though I do dream pretty big, when I want to anyway xD

Used to be a big gamer, from inside my room anyway lol into ALL the older systems, though I haven't played them all, and I got a couple of the new ones. Mirror's Edge and Alpha Protocol for XB360 are totally brill.

Only anime I'd recommend at this point would be Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning. Excellent anime, with a great score too. But I gotta tell ya, if Spiral is a 9 in my book, the manga is a 28 ;D I mean, if you don't mind the rather... dark atmosphere it can give off lol I can direct you to it too.

Prison Break (SO awesome. If I don't catch up on NC--Nope, NCIS is too awesome lol)

As you can maybe tell, these are all crime-dramas....... TEEHEE XP Went from mystery anime to American Crime-dramas lol

Welcome, I'm not really a fan of any of the shows you list. I don't watch television much anyway though. I have pretty much read a lot of mystery/crime fiction though.
Back to top Go down
SaruMadness124

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:15 am

brycec wrote:
SaruMadness124 wrote:

Welcome, I'm not really a fan of any of the shows you list. I don't watch television much anyway though. I have pretty much read a lot of mystery/crime fiction though.

I'm not much into tv myself either lol And can you recommend any mystery/crime-fictions that are really good? I'm growing my book list at the moment XP Big fan of books, I just never had the patience or something lol but I have proven to myself that I love to read xD

Back to top Go down
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:54 am

SaruMadness124 wrote:
brycec wrote:
SaruMadness124 wrote:

I'm not much into tv myself either lol And can you recommend any mystery/crime-fictions that are really good? I'm growing my book list at the moment XP Big fan of books, I just never had the patience or something lol but I have proven to myself that I love to read xD

If you already read the Detective Conan (Case Closed) manga, I have not been failed often by Gosho Aoyama's library page.

Some that I found interesting through my own readings were the following:

And Then There were None
Murder on the Orient Express
Peril at End House
A Study in Scarlet
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

The Arsene Lupin stories bu Maurice Leblanc are interesting, but I have not read any of the stuff of him after he quit being a thief.

Ones I particularly did not like are the following:

The Mysterious Affair at Styles (my first guess was correct)
Mystery of the Yellow Room (Gosho's library labeled Joseph Rouletabille as a predecessor that is similar to Conan from Detective Conan (Case Closed) but I dislike him more than I like Jimmy/Conan. This was also my first book by the famous Gaston Leroux, who wrote Phantom of the Opera)
Crooked House (culprit was just as obvious as the case in episode 6 of the Detective Conan (Case Closed) anime)

I would definitely suggest reading the Conan Doyle works of Sherlock though, if you have not already, because you will need to be familiar with them if you want to not be outclassed by Jimmy in a certain case. However, this series tends to have many Holmes references that are not of the Holmes canon, which are the Arthur Conan Doyle works.
Back to top Go down
SaruMadness124

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:07 am

brycec wrote:
SaruMadness124 wrote:
brycec wrote:
SaruMadness124 wrote:

If you already read the Detective Conan (Case Closed) manga, I have not been failed often by Gosho Aoyama's library page.

Some that I found interesting through my own readings were the following:

And Then There were None
Murder on the Orient Express
Peril at End House
A Study in Scarlet
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

The Arsene Lupin stories bu Maurice Leblanc are interesting, but I have not read any of the stuff of him after he quit being a thief.

Ones I particularly did not like are the following:

The Mysterious Affair at Styles (my first guess was correct)
Mystery of the Yellow Room (Gosho's library labeled Joseph Rouletabille as a predecessor that is similar to Conan from Detective Conan (Case Closed) but I dislike him more than I like Jimmy/Conan. This was also my first book by the famous Gaston Leroux, who wrote Phantom of the Opera)
Crooked House (culprit was just as obvious as the case in episode 6 of the Detective Conan (Case Closed) anime)

I would definitely suggest reading the Conan Doyle works of Sherlock though, if you have not already, because you will need to be familiar with them if you want to not be outclassed by Jimmy in a certain case. However, this series tends to have many Holmes references that are not of the Holmes canon, which are the Arthur Conan Doyle works.

Thanks, man Very Happy I'll start looking into them Smile

Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 am

Lol
Back to top Go down
Heliotropic

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:16 pm

Howdy!

I suppose it's about time that I joined the forums since I've been lurking for awhile (mostly the FB page)

To give a brief introduction...

I suppose I am your typical "Case Closed" fan. I initially got interested in the series about 10 or so years ago when it debuted on Adult Swim. Though these days I'm much more interested in the sub, and even more so the manga, but I still have a ton of respect for what initially captivated my interest.

As far as anime is concerned, I've mostly only caught former airings on Adult Swim, just like Case Closed. I've enjoyed Magic Kaito/Magic Kaito 1412, YAIBA (pretty much only the manga), FLCL, Ghost in the Shell, and Cowboy Bebop. I've been trying to get into others when I have the time. I'd say Gintama is really the only "new" anime I've picked up in about a decade. To be honest though, keeping up with only Detective Conan is a pretty large task these days  Laughing

I'd say I'm a pretty big fan of music, mostly leaning in towards "rock" music, but can get into every genre. Really love bands like Failure and HUM. I also play guitar/bass, though have been wanting to learn piano/keys.

I like mysteries, though I'd be pretty ashamed to say that I really haven't read any of the "classic" novels since well... forever. Really been looking to get back into the loop, especially since the mystery/logic aspect is why I've been so attached to Case Closed.

In any case, hopefully "we" can become more acquainted. I frequent a number of DC forums, so it's always nice to add another one to the list. Perhaps I can contribute in some way here on the forums!

Looking forward to meeting some of you folks!
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ShuichiAkai84/posts
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:38 pm

hello, nice to see a new face here. I hope you like it here Smile  This Forum is a safe place to talk about anything Case Closed.
Back to top Go down
Heliotropic

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome! I'm sure I'll probably end up posting quite a bit in some of the boards here.
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ShuichiAkai84/posts
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:08 am

Heliotropic wrote:
Howdy!

I suppose it's about time that I joined the forums since I've been lurking for awhile (mostly the FB page)

To give a brief introduction...

I suppose I am your typical "Case Closed" fan. I initially got interested in the series about 10 or so years ago when it debuted on Adult Swim. Though these days I'm much more interested in the sub, and even more so the manga, but I still have a ton of respect for what initially captivated my interest.

As far as anime is concerned, I've mostly only caught former airings on Adult Swim, just like Case Closed. I've enjoyed Magic Kaito/Magic Kaito 1412, YAIBA (pretty much only the manga), FLCL, Ghost in the Shell, and Cowboy Bebop. I've been trying to get into others when I have the time. I'd say Gintama is really the only "new" anime I've picked up in about a decade. To be honest though, keeping up with only Detective Conan is a pretty large task these days  Laughing

I'd say I'm a pretty big fan of music, mostly leaning in towards "rock" music, but can get into every genre. Really love bands like Failure and HUM. I also play guitar/bass, though have been wanting to learn piano/keys.

I like mysteries, though I'd be pretty ashamed to say that I really haven't read any of the "classic" novels since well... forever. Really been looking to get back into the loop, especially since the mystery/logic aspect is why I've been so attached to Case Closed.

In any case, hopefully "we" can become more acquainted. I frequent a number of DC forums, so it's always nice to add another one to the list. Perhaps I can contribute in some way here on the forums!

Looking forward to meeting some of you folks!

Welcome Helio.

I hope you enjoy your stay, but this place has a tendency to come and go a lot (I have started a few threads that do not seem to have gotten anywhere), considering that I have been one of the top three posters here for some time, despite not being very active, so you might not be able to know everyone.

I do tend to like the manga more than the anime as well, but things have not been as bad as they were with the early episodes.
Back to top Go down
snipe1986

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:19 am

Well there has been more activity on the podcast and live episodes so hopefully it's a bigger change to come soon but sadly you are right these forums do come and go lol. lets just hope it's actually here to be up and running now.

Back to top Go down
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:06 pm

snipe1986 wrote:
Well there has been more activity on the podcast and live episodes so hopefully it's a bigger change to come soon but sadly you are right these forums do come and go lol.  lets just hope it's actually here to be up and running now.

One can always hope. I would definitely be more active if more than the top 3 or 4 posted here more often, though there are definitely things that can be done to make this place a bit better too, not just getting more active people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions: Who are you?   

Back to top Go down

Introductions: Who are you?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next