Save Case Closed

One Truth Prevails

HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the new forums we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't forget to register!
Want to know the cheapest price for CC DVDs? Well head over to http://www.savecaseclosedpodcast.wordpress.com/ for info on CC DVDs
Streaming Now! Case Closed on their website, all you have to do is sign up and pay the monthly fee http://www.funimation.com/
Want info on the CC fanDUB? Head over to the SCC Podcast Website or the SCC FB page!
Case Closed S.A.V.E. Editions now available
Case Closed is now digital!!! Buy single episodes or entire seasons on iTunes!
Remember to catch Case Closed every Friday @ http://allkidsoutofthepool.com/ Check their schedule page for time listings
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:43 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Season 6 Subbed/Dub?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SaveCaseClosed

PostSubject: Season 6 Subbed/Dub?   Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Discotek media has released the crossovers for Lupin Vs Detective Conan. I suppose it raises the discussion of a possible Season 6 release of the show, if the crossover sells. It could be by another company or Discotek.
Back to top Go down
Heliotropic

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Subbed/Dub?   Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:49 pm

We've had Crunchyroll, and now the crossovers, so overall, the popularity of Conan has certainly increased in the states, and even if Discotek doesn't obtain the license, I suppose it gives more incentive for other companies like VIZ, Crunchyroll, or FUNimation to do something with Conan.

I'm not so certain that any company that picks up the series would start where the series left off though, which is really my concern, though I'm always happy with more content.

I've mentioned it recently on the FB page, but I think the possibility of a stable English release in Asia is more likely than something big in the United States, but I'd say we're slowly getting there. They've started the manga in Singapore not too long ago: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/English_Manga_(Shogakukan_Asia) - but the releases are very jumpy, and far from consistent. I'm not sure who licenses the manga, but I think it's Shonen Sunday or some variation of it?

It also goes to say that back in July they aired Movie 19 in Singapore, Indoensia, and a few other countries with English subtitles, which is a first for Conan.
So while it might not be a dubbed release, we may have alternative means for an official English release in the future. I suppose it would be more significant if they were to release the DVD in those countries with English subtitles, but I haven't heard any mention of that.

Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ShuichiAkai84/posts
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Subbed/Dub?   Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:50 pm

I think Case closed is bigger in the states than it has been in a long time. I think it is only a matter of time before we get some kind of "new" content, at least I hope.  I would love a dub, but a sub is welcome too.
Back to top Go down
SaveCaseClosed

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Subbed/Dub?   Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:30 pm

This could be the year we see something big.
Back to top Go down
Heliotropic

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Subbed/Dub?   Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:57 pm

I agree. 2016 will likely be a big year for Detective Conan/Case Closed.

To recap a little bit on what I said on the live-stream in regards to the Netflix announcement...

I think adding DC to Netflix is a big deal in of itself, and is a great way to start off the New Year.
So far they have 52 episodes, 748-799, and apparently 754+ are sourced from Crunchyroll's subs.
This means we should hopefully see future episodes on Netflix as well, and I hope they are updated at a similar pace (though we'll still probably see the episodes on Crunchy before anywhere else).

The significant bit here is that they have added episodes 748, 749, 750, 751, 752, and 753, which have never been subbed by an official source before.
I'm sure we're all speculating about what this could mean for the series. Will they dive further into the backlog? Maybe...

While this could simply be an error, the English VAs are listed in the cast info. Now some odd bits here... The series is listed as Detective Conan, but because of certain legalities, they obviously have to show that "Case Closed" bit at the end of each episode, which was not done by Crunchyroll. This could also have to do with FUNimation, and maybe it has to do with something like that. Either way showing this was odd enough...
What I think is a likely scenario... Netflix will add the first 123/130 episodes in dub/sub that FUNimation did. I do not think that they will dub future episodes (I'll leave movies open), which is rather unfortunate, but I'm not going to be hopelessly optimistic either.
I think adding the first 123 episodes is a good idea for Netflix/Crunchy, partly because no one wants to start at 748 or 754... and it gives enough of a background to the series at large. This is something I think both sites should do, mainly because while they are available over at FUNimation, most people don't watch there, and their site is riddled with inconveniences.

I do hope that they'll dive into the backlog, and I wonder if the six episodes that are on Netflix will be making their way to Crunchy as well, or if Crunchy is somehow involved with subbing what is on Netflix... It's all rather ambiguous at the moment, and I'm going to be keeping a close eye on things.

Either way, there is quite a bit of potential with all the things that have happened in just the past couple years.
Discotek releasing the Lupin vs DC Crossovers
Crunchyroll subbing the latest episodes, 10 days behind Japan, then only a week behind as of 784
Netflix streaming 748-799

Just these three are potentially huge deals for Detective Conan in the west. All in all, that makes me optimistic about 2016.

Personally I'd like to see manga releases pick up as well. They are over 30 volumes behind, and I really have no incentive to buy them, but it's good that it still sells rather well. V57 will have some important plot info If I'm not mistaken, so that's good for people that have exclusively been following the English release.

Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Subbed/Dub?   Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:47 am

Wow, I didn't know they put it on Netflix, that is awesome. I know that it was on Hulu, but nothing new. At this point any news is good news. I also think we should start pushing the manga as well. If I remember right, how well a manga does can have a big effect on its anime.
Back to top Go down
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Subbed/Dub?   Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:16 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
Wow, I didn't know they put it on Netflix, that is awesome. I know that it was on Hulu, but nothing new.  At this point any news is good news.  I also think we should start pushing the manga as well.  If I remember right, how well a manga does can have a big effect on its anime.

Only problem with that is the manga has pretty much always done better here than the anime, when FUNimation had it. Viz has kind of a slow release schedule, though, so what we really need to do is motivate Viz to push them out faster. We get volumes 57-60 this year, but Japan is already nearing 90 volumes.

Still, it does make me want to get on Netflix now.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Subbed/Dub?   Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:20 pm

Heliotropic wrote:
I agree. 2016 will likely be a big year for Detective Conan/Case Closed.

To recap a little bit on what I said on the live-stream in regards to the Netflix announcement...

I think adding DC to Netflix is a big deal in of itself, and is a great way to start off the New Year.
So far they have 52 episodes, 748-799, and apparently 754+ are sourced from Crunchyroll's subs.
This means we should hopefully see future episodes on Netflix as well, and I hope they are updated at a similar pace (though we'll still probably see the episodes on Crunchy before anywhere else).

The significant bit here is that they have added episodes 748, 749, 750, 751, 752, and 753, which have never been subbed by an official source before.
I'm sure we're all speculating about what this could mean for the series. Will they dive further into the backlog? Maybe...

While this could simply be an error, the English VAs are listed in the cast info. Now some odd bits here... The series is listed as Detective Conan, but because of certain legalities, they obviously have to show that "Case Closed" bit at the end of each episode, which was not done by Crunchyroll. This could also have to do with FUNimation, and maybe it has to do with something like that. Either way showing this was odd enough...
What I think is a likely scenario... Netflix will add the first 123/130 episodes in dub/sub that FUNimation did. I do not think that they will dub future episodes (I'll leave movies open), which is rather unfortunate, but I'm not going to be hopelessly optimistic either.
I think adding the first 123 episodes is a good idea for Netflix/Crunchy, partly because no one wants to start at 748 or 754... and it gives enough of a background to the series at large. This is something I think both sites should do, mainly because while they are available over at FUNimation, most people don't watch there, and their site is riddled with inconveniences.

I do hope that they'll dive into the backlog, and I wonder if the six episodes that are on Netflix will be making their way to Crunchy as well, or if Crunchy is somehow involved with subbing what is on Netflix... It's all rather ambiguous at the moment, and I'm going to be keeping a close eye on things.

Either way, there is quite a bit of potential with all the things that have happened in just the past couple years.
Discotek releasing the Lupin vs DC Crossovers
Crunchyroll subbing the latest episodes, 10 days behind Japan, then only a week behind as of 784
Netflix streaming 748-799

Just these three are potentially huge deals for Detective Conan in the west. All in all, that makes me optimistic about 2016.

Personally I'd like to see manga releases pick up as well. They are over 30 volumes behind, and I really have no incentive to buy them, but it's good that it still sells rather well. V57 will have some important plot info If I'm not mistaken, so that's good for people that have exclusively been following the English release.

Not even the goodies in them, like the mini booklet to celebrate 500 chapters, or the movie guide for the first ten movies?

I can probably understand the movie one, since we both saw them, but the 500th chapter comerative was really neat.

I pretty much agree with a lot that you brought up in your post though.
Back to top Go down
Heliotropic

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Subbed/Dub?   Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:36 pm

brycec wrote:

Not even the goodies in them, like the mini booklet to celebrate 500 chapters, or the movie guide for the first ten movies?

I can probably understand the movie one, since we both saw them, but the 500th chapter comerative was really neat.

I pretty much agree with a lot that you brought up in your post though.

As far as English volumes are concerned? They are just a bit far behind for me to consider buying them, especially since I also buy the Japanese manga. That's really the biggest reason.
I'd have lots of things on my list Conan related, like some of Gosho Aoyama's visual books/art books or the Super Digest Books before I'd buy the English volumes tbh. (Though I do have some of them)

I think what I liked most about CH 500 was that it had a couple color pages from Gosho. We don't get that often (though did again recently with the Aquarium Case). Don't really care much for the special booklet =/

I'd say DVD prices are pretty cheap around here. I'm always quick to buy DVD releases (whether it be sub or dub) since that's truly a luxury. They are usually around 40 USD (before shipping) or close to that for 3 episodes or a movie.

Back to top Go down
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Subbed/Dub?   Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:44 pm

that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Subbed/Dub?   

Back to top Go down

Season 6 Subbed/Dub?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top