Save Case Closed

One Truth Prevails

HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the new forums we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't forget to register!
Want to know the cheapest price for CC DVDs? Well head over to http://www.savecaseclosedpodcast.wordpress.com/ for info on CC DVDs
Streaming Now! Case Closed on their website, all you have to do is sign up and pay the monthly fee http://www.funimation.com/
Want info on the CC fanDUB? Head over to the SCC Podcast Website or the SCC FB page!
Case Closed S.A.V.E. Editions now available
Case Closed is now digital!!! Buy single episodes or entire seasons on iTunes!
Remember to catch Case Closed every Friday @ http://allkidsoutofthepool.com/ Check their schedule page for time listings
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 42 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:32 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

setting up panels

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
snipe1986

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Oh and another thought I have been wondering about. When would be the best time to have this first panel??? Is this something that we should set up before Prof. C. launches the first episode of the fan dub?? Or is it something we should do after the first fan dub. I know it's been a long time in the making, but I think that if we did it after the launch we could garner more attention to the panels and maybe get more people to attend this event just by having some form of advertisement out there you know. But as always just my random opinionated thought.

Back to top Go down
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:34 pm

After the release of the first episode of the fandub would be a good way to gain some attention. However looking at how slow that is going, we should still try to work on getting a panel going. Talk about the fandub has been going on for over a year now I think and it's still not off the ground. (I know that Prof. C has said that it's over 70% done)

We could try to do a panel before the fandub to hopefully get some people to join. However that might not get as much people to join as we would if we got the fandub off the ground. We need just a few more members to tip the scales so that we aren't in this waiting game.
Back to top Go down
snipe1986

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:44 pm

It would be nice to get the fandub out first but ya it may be a while depending on the extras we get for voice actors. But who knows maybe if we do it before hand we can recruit some big talent for the fandub to get it going faster you know.

Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:07 pm

If I remember right Professor C said that the fan dub will be done within the next month or two. I don't think we have time to set up a panel before it's done, but it would be nice to show it off at a panel. It could get people excited for the movement. Also, I was thinking when we get the content done, we can post it on here. That way anyone who wants to set up a panel just has to worry about getting it approved and presenting it.
as for when this panel is going to happen, we need to get the content and then find out when the next con in our area will be. I only know of two right now, Ohayocon (in Columbus around January) and Colossalcon (in Sandusky around June).
Back to top Go down
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Those two cons sound like a good start for now. Ohayocon for the soonest since it's only a few months away. I'm sure that there is more cons in the area but for now those two sound good to me.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:46 pm

ok, so now we need to get to work on the content. Also, I found this on the Ohayocon website:

Panel submissions will open on AUGUST 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM and run till October 31, 2013 at 11 PM.

NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THIS YEAR- NO EXCEPTIONS

This year there will be SEVERAL CHANGES! Besides getting a spiffy new name for Panel Programing- The Ohayocon University, we are changing some other big things!

This year The Ohayocon University has decided to change the configuration of its space, this means that most panel rooms will be growing. This also means that the numbers of panel rooms are shrinking! With this in mind we have changed the panel submission process and how it works!

THIS YEAR YOU WILL SUBMIT 2 FORMS!

Panelist Application
This is your application to say that you are part of a presentation. You will fill out the form in its entirety. This is how we take care of badging you when you arrive on Thursday night or Friday Morning. This change makes it easier for you to get your badge whether you are with your group or not, it also allows us to track your hours presenting.
Remember you must be 18 to present at Ohayocon and you must present at minimum of 3-4 hours of programing to receive a comp badge.

Panel Application
This is your submission application, you will notice that it has changed- Really changed. All the information you need to know is included and you must sign off on.
You will be putting yourself into either an informational “Course” track –or- an “extracurricular” entertainment type track. Each is then split down to the area of expertise from there.
You will also be able to request an approximant time: morning, afternoon, evening and late, along with a possible location for your panel.
The biggest thing is entry will include your outline, and any other material you wish to use to show us why you should present at Ohayocon. We strongly recommend using Dropbox, Skydrive or Google drive and entering a link to your material to give the best view of your submission.
The reason we are making these changes is it will be a bit of a competition to present at this year’s Ohayocon University. Since we have limited number of rooms we are looking for the best of the best!

We have assembled a panel who will judge your submissions to determine who will present at Ohayocon. The judges will be reviewing your submissions and make their determination based on the material that you submit. So take your time, make the best presentation that you can because you need to really bring it to get a slot on our schedule.

As the Judging process unfolds, we will post the List panels that will move on to the next step- Scheduling which will begin November 1, 2013. Please remember that just because you moved on to the next step - it doesn’t mean that you will fit on our schedule.
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:02 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
If I remember right Professor C said that the fan dub will be done within the next month or two. I don't think we have time to set up a panel before it's done, but it would be nice to show it off at a panel. It could get people excited for the movement. Also, I was thinking when we get the content done, we can post it on here. That way anyone who wants to set up a panel just has to worry about getting it approved and presenting it.
as for when this panel is going to happen, we need to get the content and then find out when the next con in our area will be.  I only know of two right now, Ohayocon (in Columbus around January) and Colossalcon (in Sandusky around June).
Perhaps this is a good thing
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/xxWhitephantom1412
SaveCaseClosed

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:36 pm

It says 2013. What about 2014?
Back to top Go down
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:43 pm

Looks like they just haven't updated the whole site from last year...*looks at guest list from last year*

Ah man! Jerry Jewell was there for the 2014 convention! D:
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm

I'll keep looking into it. But I think it's the same every year.
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:41 pm

In the meantime what's the plan
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:38 pm

Iam1412Te wrote:

Good question. To be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed right now, I started school today and I work full time. So I'm a little short on time. I'm thinking we could use power point to put together the panels. I think I can put together Cases Closed 101 on my own but I don't know much about the show past season 5. If I could get someone to send me a list of Important characters and a brief bio(spoiler free) from season 6 on and write the "story so far" part for season 6 on, I could put together the Cases Closed 102 panel. Also, it would help a lot if Professor C could write the parts for the SCC panel (What is SCC, What happened to Case Closed, What has SCC done so far, What can we do/why should we), mostly because he would be the best person to answer those questions. I'll still put the power point together and stuff, I just need that content.

After I get them done I could show them off here to see if you guys are happy with them, if so, we can summit them and hope they get approved. If not I'll work some more on them with all of your guys' suggestions and try again.
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:46 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
Iam1412Te wrote:

Good question.  To be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed right now, I started school today and I work full time.  So I'm a little short on time.  I'm thinking we could use power point to put together the panels.  I think I can put together Cases Closed 101 on my own but I don't know much about the show past season 5.  If I could get someone to send me a list of Important characters and a brief bio(spoiler free) from season 6 on and write the "story so far" part for season 6 on, I could put together the Cases Closed 102 panel.  Also, it would help a lot if Professor C could write the parts for the SCC panel (What is SCC, What happened to Case Closed, What has SCC done so far, What can we do/why should we), mostly because he would be the best person to answer those questions.  I'll still put the power point together and stuff, I just need that content.

After I get them done I could show them off here to see if you guys are happy with them, if so, we can summit them and hope they get approved.  If not I'll work some more on them with all of your guys' suggestions and try again.  
I'm glad to hear that good luck with school by the way I can't wait to see this
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Thanks, I get it done asap after I get the content I need.
Back to top Go down
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:34 am

Looked through their forums and found their 2014-2015 Panel rules. Here's the link http://forums.ohayocon.org/index.php?showtopic=17284

Looks like they are working out of changing over to the new year. Although they are going rather slow on it.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:55 am

gid4051 wrote:
Looked through their forums and found their 2014-2015 Panel rules. Here's the link http://forums.ohayocon.org/index.php?showtopic=17284

Looks like they are working out of changing over to the new year. Although they are going rather slow on it.

Thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:38 pm

Let's try to make this thing happen
Back to top Go down
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:37 pm

Application time for the panels at ohayocon starts tomorrow. Any progress on the panel planning? I'm planning on going mostly for the panel but if we can't make that con this year, I'll make notes on the panels that I go to.
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:38 pm

Let's make it happen #SaveCaseClosed2014
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:38 am

Hey, sorry I haven't been on for a while, school is kicking my butt. I'm sad to say I haven't made much process with the panels yet. I still need info for the Case Closed 102 and SCC panels before I can do anything else with them.
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:51 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
Hey, sorry I haven't been on for a while, school is kicking my butt.  I'm sad to say I haven't made much process with the panels yet.  I still need info for the Case Closed 102 and SCC panels before I can do anything else with them.  
We'll have to take that up with SCC himself
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:49 pm

True, and I hope he can get it to me soon. Out of the three, the SCC panel is the most important. Even if we can only do one this year, that should be the one.
Back to top Go down
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:27 pm

I agree, that panel is the most important out of all. Did you send a PM? We really need to get this done if we want to get it in before the deadline.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:46 pm

gid4051 wrote:
I agree, that panel is the most important out of all. Did you send a PM? We really need to get this done if we want to get it in before the deadline.

No I haven't, I thought he would have seen the post by now. How do I send a PM?
Back to top Go down
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:49 pm

Get onto their contact page on their profile. You can send a PM from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    

Back to top Go down

setting up panels
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next