Save Case Closed

One Truth Prevails

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the new forums we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't forget to register!
Want to know the cheapest price for CC DVDs? Well head over to http://www.savecaseclosedpodcast.wordpress.com/ for info on CC DVDs
Streaming Now! Case Closed on their website, all you have to do is sign up and pay the monthly fee http://www.funimation.com/
Want info on the CC fanDUB? Head over to the SCC Podcast Website or the SCC FB page!
Case Closed S.A.V.E. Editions now available
Case Closed is now digital!!! Buy single episodes or entire seasons on iTunes!
Remember to catch Case Closed every Friday @ http://allkidsoutofthepool.com/ Check their schedule page for time listings
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Which Case Closed Movie between 7-10 Would you like to see dubbed
setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:45 am by SaveCaseClosed

» List of Manga-based episodes (Color coded)
setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 5:23 pm by snipe1986

» NEW SCC Podcast Website
setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 6:37 pm by renzo210

» Case Closed High Quality Raw Episodes (1-635)
setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:52 am by SaveCaseClosed

» Detective Conan - 20th Anniversary (Anime/Movie)
setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 12:46 pm by Heliotropic

» Detective Conan Raw Episodes
setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 1:06 am by SaveCaseClosed

» Spoiler Discussion
setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:03 pm by Heliotropic

» I Found a way to get it back case closed for more dub ep
setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 12:16 pm by GAMERZEROZ1

» Case Closed Episode 133-134(126-127 Japanese Count) Casting
setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 11:05 pm by SaveCaseClosed

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 88 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:02 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

setting up panels

Go down 
+2
gid4051
TRAVISAKATJ
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
brycec
brycec

setting up panels  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 7:55 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
brycec wrote:
 Cannot really think of any, except maybe that the Black org and KID cases would probably be better in real time and you do not need to know how to read Kanji, Katakana, and every other Japanese writing system other than Romaji, since Viz pretty much leaves the Japanese clues intact, whereas FUNimation has had instance where they completely changed the clues from what they were in the Japanese version.

The anime has been fairly faithful to its manga counterpart, except for those two episodes in the first season, anyway so I can pretty much guess whatever else is likable about the show applies to the manga too.

As for panel ideas, maybe cover the important the events of the show, though that can be combined in with what has already been mentioned. After all, there are many people asking what the important episodes are, and except for a few non-english sources and reading the manga, there really is not anything that tells people what is and is not important.

Maybe we can throw in a brief section comparing the show with the manga.  I feel the important events are anything that helps character/overall plot development.

I would kind of agree with those thoughts, but there are still a lot of things that end up going nowhere, because the next case or episode ignores the development.

As for comparing the anime and manga, that would be tough, because even I have found some things that differed between the two that have not been mentioned anywhere else. You would have to be dedicated to look through each episode/case and manga volume to find all the differences, especially because timelines are different.

I would just focus on the things that are big differences, such as those that I have already mentioned here and on my blog. After all, those big differences are the things can answer questions that fans ask a lot, such as how Jimmy knew the names of the people who shrunk him, who is Haibara and why is she important, and why Harley suddenly does not know Conan is Jimmy, which is a dub exclusive question.

However, I think you can go over cases that seemed to have more emotional impact being animated than in their manga counterpart.

Update: I did find an english page than list important episodes and why at the following address.

http://xerbladex.blogspot.com/p/detective-conan-important-episode-list.html
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP
Iam1412Te

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:18 pm

I've never been to a con so I don't have any idea how to set up a panel but I'm excited to see what happens
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/xxWhitephantom1412
snipe1986
snipe1986

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Setting up a con panel would be pretty awesome to do and the line up that travisakatj came up with sounds pretty cool, but the real question I have here is 1) do we need to have a projected amount of people to get one set up or is it a lets approve it and see who shows thing. And 2) how many people would actually be able to show up especially depending on the location. Not everyone will be able to make it to these. I know the series isn't just limited to the fans on this website or the SCC movement, but was just curious because if one got started I would not only love to attend but I would also like to see it succeed in spreading the message to get a 6th season and to maybe to have more cons in the future. I know it's kinda of a negative thought to put out there but just something that was in the back of my head.
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP
Iam1412Te

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 10:47 pm

snipe1986 wrote:
Setting up a con panel would be pretty awesome to do and the line up that travisakatj came up with sounds pretty cool, but the real question I have here is 1) do we need to have a projected amount of people to get one set up or is it a lets approve it and see who shows thing.  And 2) how many people would actually be able to show up especially depending on the location.  Not everyone will be able to make it to these.  I know the series isn't just limited to the fans on this website or the SCC movement, but was just curious because if one got started I would not only love to attend but I would also like to see it succeed in spreading the message to get a 6th season and to maybe to have more cons in the future. I know it's kinda of a negative thought to put out there but just something that was in the back of my head.
These are great points and to be honest I've been thinking about who would actually be able to attend
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 2:46 am

snipe1986 wrote:
Setting up a con panel would be pretty awesome to do and the line up that travisakatj came up with sounds pretty cool, but the real question I have here is 1) do we need to have a projected amount of people to get one set up or is it a lets approve it and see who shows thing.  And 2) how many people would actually be able to show up especially depending on the location.  Not everyone will be able to make it to these.  I know the series isn't just limited to the fans on this website or the SCC movement, but was just curious because if one got started I would not only love to attend but I would also like to see it succeed in spreading the message to get a 6th season and to maybe to have more cons in the future. I know it's kinda of a negative thought to put out there but just something that was in the back of my head.

As far as I know, just the content of the panels that need approved and see who shows up. As for location, it depends on who we can get to do it. When I started this thread, I was just thinking about fans of the show who doesn't know about the movement, but it would be great if we got fans of the movement to attend as well. If I had to guess a location, I would say somewhere in or near Ohio, just because that seems to be where most of the people here live. With that said, I would love for it to take place anywhere, as long as it happens. My end goal is to have these panels in cons all over the US, but right now we just need to work on getting in one. If we do that, it should only get easier from there.

I know I said we need to work on the content first, but I can't help but wonder who is willing to be a panelist?
Back to top Go down
gid4051
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 2:58 am

I'm willing to be a panelist but as I said before I can't move frilly nilly around the country. Around the great lakes region is best for me. However if given enough time I would try to go to other cons around the country.

I would say yes a con in or around ohio does sound good for now and then expand from there.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:09 am

gid4051 wrote:
I'm willing to be a panelist but as I said before I can't move frilly nilly around the country. Around the great lakes region is best for me. However if given enough time I would try to go to other cons around the country.

I would say yes a con in or around ohio does sound good for now and then expand from there.

Thank you, I'm not expecting you to do it all yourself, I'm hoping that we can get members of the movement from all over to do it. We can work out the content here online and once that's done we can just re-use it over and over. The only work from there on will be getting approval and people to be panelist.
Back to top Go down
gid4051
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:17 am

Travisakaj wrote:
Thank you, I'm not expecting you to do it all yourself, I'm hoping that we can get members of the movement from all over to do it. We can work out the content here online and once that's done we can just re-use it over and over. The only work from there on will be getting approval and people to be panelist.

I sure hope that I'm not the only panelist. I can speak in a group but not if there is a lot of people and no help.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:22 am

gid4051 wrote:
I sure hope that I'm not the only panelist. I can speak in a group but not if there is a lot of people and no help.

Well, Professor C said he would go anywhere and be a co-panelist and if it's somewhere close by, I wouldn't mind helping out.
Back to top Go down
snipe1986
snipe1986

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 2:56 pm

Well that's good to hear we don't need a projected attendance to get it approved cause as i said that was one of the things that was bugging me about this whole thing. Also If it's near Ohio or Michigan I would be willing to be a panelist as well. No idea what I would have to do, but if it meant helping out the cause then I will be there to help if I can.
Back to top Go down
snipe1986
snipe1986

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Oh and another thought I have been wondering about. When would be the best time to have this first panel??? Is this something that we should set up before Prof. C. launches the first episode of the fan dub?? Or is it something we should do after the first fan dub. I know it's been a long time in the making, but I think that if we did it after the launch we could garner more attention to the panels and maybe get more people to attend this event just by having some form of advertisement out there you know. But as always just my random opinionated thought.
Back to top Go down
gid4051
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:34 pm

After the release of the first episode of the fandub would be a good way to gain some attention. However looking at how slow that is going, we should still try to work on getting a panel going. Talk about the fandub has been going on for over a year now I think and it's still not off the ground. (I know that Prof. C has said that it's over 70% done)

We could try to do a panel before the fandub to hopefully get some people to join. However that might not get as much people to join as we would if we got the fandub off the ground. We need just a few more members to tip the scales so that we aren't in this waiting game.
Back to top Go down
snipe1986
snipe1986

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 4:44 pm

It would be nice to get the fandub out first but ya it may be a while depending on the extras we get for voice actors. But who knows maybe if we do it before hand we can recruit some big talent for the fandub to get it going faster you know.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 5:07 pm

If I remember right Professor C said that the fan dub will be done within the next month or two. I don't think we have time to set up a panel before it's done, but it would be nice to show it off at a panel. It could get people excited for the movement. Also, I was thinking when we get the content done, we can post it on here. That way anyone who wants to set up a panel just has to worry about getting it approved and presenting it.
as for when this panel is going to happen, we need to get the content and then find out when the next con in our area will be. I only know of two right now, Ohayocon (in Columbus around January) and Colossalcon (in Sandusky around June).
Back to top Go down
gid4051
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Those two cons sound like a good start for now. Ohayocon for the soonest since it's only a few months away. I'm sure that there is more cons in the area but for now those two sound good to me.
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 5:46 pm

ok, so now we need to get to work on the content. Also, I found this on the Ohayocon website:

Panel submissions will open on AUGUST 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM and run till October 31, 2013 at 11 PM.

NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THIS YEAR- NO EXCEPTIONS

This year there will be SEVERAL CHANGES! Besides getting a spiffy new name for Panel Programing- The Ohayocon University, we are changing some other big things!

This year The Ohayocon University has decided to change the configuration of its space, this means that most panel rooms will be growing. This also means that the numbers of panel rooms are shrinking! With this in mind we have changed the panel submission process and how it works!

THIS YEAR YOU WILL SUBMIT 2 FORMS!

Panelist Application
This is your application to say that you are part of a presentation. You will fill out the form in its entirety. This is how we take care of badging you when you arrive on Thursday night or Friday Morning. This change makes it easier for you to get your badge whether you are with your group or not, it also allows us to track your hours presenting.
Remember you must be 18 to present at Ohayocon and you must present at minimum of 3-4 hours of programing to receive a comp badge.

Panel Application
This is your submission application, you will notice that it has changed- Really changed. All the information you need to know is included and you must sign off on.
You will be putting yourself into either an informational “Course” track –or- an “extracurricular” entertainment type track. Each is then split down to the area of expertise from there.
You will also be able to request an approximant time: morning, afternoon, evening and late, along with a possible location for your panel.
The biggest thing is entry will include your outline, and any other material you wish to use to show us why you should present at Ohayocon. We strongly recommend using Dropbox, Skydrive or Google drive and entering a link to your material to give the best view of your submission.
The reason we are making these changes is it will be a bit of a competition to present at this year’s Ohayocon University. Since we have limited number of rooms we are looking for the best of the best!

We have assembled a panel who will judge your submissions to determine who will present at Ohayocon. The judges will be reviewing your submissions and make their determination based on the material that you submit. So take your time, make the best presentation that you can because you need to really bring it to get a slot on our schedule.

As the Judging process unfolds, we will post the List panels that will move on to the next step- Scheduling which will begin November 1, 2013. Please remember that just because you moved on to the next step - it doesn’t mean that you will fit on our schedule.
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP
Iam1412Te

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 8:02 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
If I remember right Professor C said that the fan dub will be done within the next month or two. I don't think we have time to set up a panel before it's done, but it would be nice to show it off at a panel. It could get people excited for the movement. Also, I was thinking when we get the content done, we can post it on here. That way anyone who wants to set up a panel just has to worry about getting it approved and presenting it.
as for when this panel is going to happen, we need to get the content and then find out when the next con in our area will be.  I only know of two right now, Ohayocon (in Columbus around January) and Colossalcon (in Sandusky around June).
Perhaps this is a good thing
Back to top Go down
SaveCaseClosed
SaveCaseClosed

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 7:36 pm

It says 2013. What about 2014?
Back to top Go down
gid4051
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 7:43 pm

Looks like they just haven't updated the whole site from last year...*looks at guest list from last year*

Ah man! Jerry Jewell was there for the 2014 convention! D:
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm

I'll keep looking into it. But I think it's the same every year.
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP
Iam1412Te

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:41 pm

In the meantime what's the plan
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 4:38 pm

Iam1412Te wrote:

Good question. To be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed right now, I started school today and I work full time. So I'm a little short on time. I'm thinking we could use power point to put together the panels. I think I can put together Cases Closed 101 on my own but I don't know much about the show past season 5. If I could get someone to send me a list of Important characters and a brief bio(spoiler free) from season 6 on and write the "story so far" part for season 6 on, I could put together the Cases Closed 102 panel. Also, it would help a lot if Professor C could write the parts for the SCC panel (What is SCC, What happened to Case Closed, What has SCC done so far, What can we do/why should we), mostly because he would be the best person to answer those questions. I'll still put the power point together and stuff, I just need that content.

After I get them done I could show them off here to see if you guys are happy with them, if so, we can summit them and hope they get approved. If not I'll work some more on them with all of your guys' suggestions and try again.
Back to top Go down
Iam1412Te
VIP
VIP
Iam1412Te

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 5:46 pm

TRAVISAKATJ wrote:
Iam1412Te wrote:

Good question.  To be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed right now, I started school today and I work full time.  So I'm a little short on time.  I'm thinking we could use power point to put together the panels.  I think I can put together Cases Closed 101 on my own but I don't know much about the show past season 5.  If I could get someone to send me a list of Important characters and a brief bio(spoiler free) from season 6 on and write the "story so far" part for season 6 on, I could put together the Cases Closed 102 panel.  Also, it would help a lot if Professor C could write the parts for the SCC panel (What is SCC, What happened to Case Closed, What has SCC done so far, What can we do/why should we), mostly because he would be the best person to answer those questions.  I'll still put the power point together and stuff, I just need that content.

After I get them done I could show them off here to see if you guys are happy with them, if so, we can summit them and hope they get approved.  If not I'll work some more on them with all of your guys' suggestions and try again.  
I'm glad to hear that good luck with school by the way I can't wait to see this
Back to top Go down
TRAVISAKATJ
VIP
VIP
TRAVISAKATJ

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Thanks, I get it done asap after I get the content I need.
Back to top Go down
gid4051
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:34 am

Looked through their forums and found their 2014-2015 Panel rules. Here's the link http://forums.ohayocon.org/index.php?showtopic=17284

Looks like they are working out of changing over to the new year. Although they are going rather slow on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: setting up panels    setting up panels  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

setting up panels
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next