Save Case Closed

One Truth Prevails

HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the new forums we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't forget to register!
Want to know the cheapest price for CC DVDs? Well head over to http://www.savecaseclosedpodcast.wordpress.com/ for info on CC DVDs
Streaming Now! Case Closed on their website, all you have to do is sign up and pay the monthly fee http://www.funimation.com/
Want info on the CC fanDUB? Head over to the SCC Podcast Website or the SCC FB page!
Case Closed S.A.V.E. Editions now available
Case Closed is now digital!!! Buy single episodes or entire seasons on iTunes!
Remember to catch Case Closed every Friday @ http://allkidsoutofthepool.com/ Check their schedule page for time listings
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:43 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Talk Shows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gid4051

PostSubject: Talk Shows   Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:54 pm

Couldn't really find a better place to put this thread. We need a new sub thread but this will do.

So what to do for the talk shows on my stream or any future stream. I say one of them has to be talk about the latest news of the series. Talk about the new episodes, specials, movies etc. Latest translation of interviews of Aoyama. Or even talk about the different projects around the fandom. ie the fandub.
Back to top Go down
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:29 pm

Sounds to similar to what DCTP is now dedicated to doing, but if you can bring something unique to the table it might be decent.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.brycecampbell.me
kaitochick

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:40 am

I think those would definitely be good subjects to cover on the talk show. I think it would also be cool to cover interviews with others who are or were apart of the series such as voice actors, animators, and also talk about other behind the scenes stuff.
Back to top Go down
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:46 am

kaitochick wrote:
I think those would definitely be good subjects to cover on the talk show. I think it would also be cool to cover interviews with others who are or were apart of the series such as voice actors, animators, and also talk about other behind the scenes stuff.

Not all of them are easy to contact though.

Anyway, maybe the special that MagicBox mentioned in one of his posts could be beaten by talking to actual police detectives and private investigators and have them actually compare things between how Jimmy solves crime to their tactics.

After all, according to MagicBox, the interviews done in the special that only a few people saw were not very well connected with the series itself.
Back to top Go down
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Alright I had another idea for a talk show; Bad Fanfiction Writing.

I try to write a bad fanfiction on my computer and the audience watching can give suggestions in the chatbox. Of course I'll do it all on microphone so that I don't have to jump from the story to the chatbox. Also I could add people on a skype call to help write the story.

It's a bit of a silly idea but it would be something fun for fans to do than just watch videos.

Also the whole news thing, I could do a monthly show that will give a news roundup of the series for that month. News of the series is slow and trying to say something new each week (I would like to stream weekly) would be quite hard.

So what do you guys think? Good? Bad? Needs work? Suggestions for other shows?
Back to top Go down
kaitochick

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:08 am

That would be fun! An audience participation story is great idea! I bet some crazy stories could come from that! Then doing the news once a month to kind of balance it out.
Back to top Go down
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:43 am

gid4051 wrote:
Alright I had another idea for a talk show; Bad Fanfiction Writing.

I try to write a bad fanfiction on my computer and the audience watching can give suggestions in the chatbox. Of course I'll do it all on microphone so that I don't have to jump from the story to the chatbox. Also I could add people on a skype call to help write the story.

It's a bit of a silly idea but it would be something fun for fans to do than just watch videos.

Also the whole news thing, I could do a monthly show that will give a news roundup of the series for that month. News of the series is slow and trying to say something new each week (I would like to stream weekly) would be quite hard.

So what do you guys think? Good? Bad? Needs work? Suggestions for other shows?

kind of reminds me of one thing that I read on a case closed forum that is defunct of Richard making a deuction of a locked room mystery of the scene being locked and loaded.

I think you should focus on only one or two things though. It is kind of hard to do many things and try to attract people.
Back to top Go down
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:57 am

Well the fanfiction thing will be something that can be done on the fly. I'm not going to focus on it as much as the news segment or the actual stream. I'm still working on ad ideas for breaks but it's been mostly pictures and possible icons. Those are coming really slow due to work and me just being a procrastinator. :/

I want to get those pictures done first then work on setting up a news segment. The fanfiction thing is pretty much already set up. Not much work is needed in it. Also I don't plan on doing that segment every week unless people want it to.

But I do get your point. I should not try to put everything on my shoulders so quickly. Plus it looks like the podcast is coming back soon. Hopefully that will get a lot of people back again in the forums.
Back to top Go down
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:14 am

gid4051 wrote:
Well the fanfiction thing will be something that can be done on the fly. I'm not going to focus on it as much as the news segment or the actual stream. I'm still working on ad ideas for breaks but it's been mostly pictures and possible icons. Those are coming really slow due to work and me just being a procrastinator. :/

I want to get those pictures done first then work on setting up a news segment. The fanfiction thing is pretty much already set up. Not much work is needed in it. Also I don't plan on doing that segment every week unless people want it to.

But I do get your point. I should not try to put everything on my shoulders so quickly. Plus it looks like the podcast is coming back soon. Hopefully that will get a lot of people back again in the forums.

I highly doubt that this forum will ever become lively again, even with the podcast, because we never really attracted any new people when things were first setup. There were some here and there that came, but even Professor C has technically stopped posting here, if he had not stopped visiting altogether.

There is always that chance I can be proven wrong, but the way I see it, things need to be dealt with before people will really post anything or visit regularly, such as how these forums are pretty much unreadable on mobile devices, unless you are able to switch to Desktop view, and the way things are organized (e.g. trying to setup separate areas for the Japanese version of the series and the FUNimination/Viz versions).

Oh well, we are just lowly members, not admin, so they are the ones that will able to do anything about issues with the forums.
Back to top Go down
snipe1986

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:40 am

It would be nice for the movement as a whole to gain steam again. I always love seeing new people on here and well as on Facebook. The fact that the likes on Facebook jumped 125 practically overnight was awesome to see. I like to think it was us lowly members that had a decent hand in that. I mean it's not hard to just keep posting and spreading the word you know. Who knows though maybe it was just a big response to Prof. C's return lol. But back to the topic at hand the Bad Fanfiction Writing (BFW) sounds like its gonna be fun and if you start tonight i'll actually be on for a min tonight to participate :-) And like you said Gid don't put everything on your shoulders so fast try things out slowly hell even try to get in contact with Prof C and maybe he may be able to help you out or vice versa :-)

Back to top Go down
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Yeah we should really just keep on doing what we've been doing. Word will get around.

BTW on a side note, I've been wanting to come up with a name for my stream. 4051 is a bit boring for me. I made the stream for mainly one of my friends to watch me playing a game or watch a movie together. I wanted it simple and randomly used my favorite number, 4051. So if you guys can help me come up with a good name, that would be great.
Back to top Go down
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:07 pm

gid4051 wrote:
Yeah we should really just keep on doing what we've been doing. Word will get around.

BTW on a side note, I've been wanting to come up with a name for my stream. 4051 is a bit boring for me. I made the stream for mainly one of my friends to watch me playing a game or watch a movie together. I wanted it simple and randomly used my favorite number, 4051. So if you guys can help me come up with a good name, that would be great.

How about 4869? That way it will be named after the drug that shrunk Jimmy and Shiho, and maybe even the girl with Sera.
Back to top Go down
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:23 pm

That would be good. However on the steam we came up with CCTV. Random numbers alone some weird to me.
Back to top Go down
brycec

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:15 pm

gid4051 wrote:
That would be good. However on the steam we came up with CCTV. Random numbers alone some weird to me.

4869 is not random, according the our favorite series, though Gosho probably did randomly think of it.
Back to top Go down
gid4051

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:03 am

I know it's not random. It's just that only using numbers to name a stream to me seems weird. The original name for the stream was 4051. I wanted something different than just numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk Shows   

Back to top Go down

Talk Shows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1